Energy monitor Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy monitor Outlet

Hey guys.... I'm looking for a Zwave outlet that monitor the energy consumption.

Here the background.... I have sleep apnea. I just got back to using a CPAP. I keep taking the damn mask off at night and not even realizing it. The machine shuts off by itself. So, I was hoping to have an outlet that would monitor the energy consumption, and when the level dropped (take off the mask) I would sound an alarm on my phone...

Any suggestions on which outlet to get

Originally posted by cowinger
    I use this one and it works really well.
    https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...art-plug-zen06
    And it works well with homeseer as far as energy monitoring?

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
      And it works well with homeseer as far as energy monitoring?
      Yes, it works great. Seems to be very accurate and always reports changes immediately. The only thing I would be aware of is that it said do not use with transformers. Don't know what kind of power unit you have so check on that. That is why I pulled the initial posting, wasn't sure it would work and be safe to use.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        Yes, it works great. Seems to be very accurate and always reports changes immediately. The only thing I would be aware of is that it said do not use with transformers. Don't know what kind of power unit you have so check on that. That is why I pulled the initial posting, wasn't sure it would work and be safe to use.
        With Transformers? What do they mean Transformers?

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
          With Transformers? What do they mean Transformers?
          Any device that would have a power supply where there is a high current transformer connected to the ac input. Like a washer, dryer, or fridge. Something that the in-rush current could exceed the limits of the device. Your cpap should work ok by what they say in the manual. It handles up to 13A (recommended high end) and I know the cpap power supply doesn't come near that.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            Any device that would have a power supply where there is a high current transformer connected to the ac input. Like a washer, dryer, or fridge. Something that the in-rush current could exceed the limits of the device. Your cpap should work ok by what they say in the manual. It handles up to 13A (recommended high end) and I know the cpap power supply doesn't come near that.
            Ahhhh.... thank you very much!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X