CurrentCost transmitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentCost transmitters

I was looking at the smart metering devices offered by CurrentCost: http://www.currentcost.com/

They seems interesting as they offer appliance level metering (up to 30 devices) and integration to Google PowerMeter.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the transmitters can be read by RFXCOM?

Thanks
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

My guess is "no", but that would be sweet...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Now that these are being sold by HST, I notice they are 433MHz which is within range for rfxcom.

Would be sweet to have the ability to read the current meters in real time and track KW-hr usage and chart with rfxcom-charts.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Well... If someone with an RFXCOM receiver buys one, I'm sure Bert can give directions on how to receive the data. That is, if it is in an open protocol and not encrypted in some way...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The OWL CM119 is already supported by the RFXCOM.
          In a few weeks I hope to find time to have a look into the Currentcost.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
            The OWL CM119 is already supported by the RFXCOM.
            In a few weeks I hope to find time to have a look into the Currentcost.
            Sweet!
            Nicolai L

Comment

Never seen these before but they look very interesting and a good price at that.

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                Never seen these before but they look very interesting and a good price at that.
                They are very likely to have a considerable future in the UK. 8 of the major utility companies are listed as their strategic partners.

I think it is by 2020 that the government has mandated that all UK households must have a smart meter installed so it looks like there may be one of these on your way (whether you want it or not!)
                Nicolai L

Comment

Yes I really like the looks of these things...look really simple to add in as well...have to keep things simple when changing my systems these days....whole system is too darn complex.

So to add these into HS would be magic.

Comment

Yes I really like the looks of these things...look really simple to add in as well...have to keep things simple when changing my systems these days....whole system is too darn complex.

So to add these into HS would be magic.
                    Its worth looking on the Current Cost ebay store aswell, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Current-Cost-Ltd as they sell the mini transmitters which can be hidden in a fuse box (depending on how big yours is, mine was somewhat of a tight fit).

I spose I was lucky when I switched to SSE back in 2007 they sent me the current cost free and i've been using the same transmitter ever since but just updated the meter to different models. Im getting slightly more obsessed about my electricity useage though - i'm using 3Kw a day just for my HA

Comment

Thanks for the link for the ebay shop. I have had a RFXMeter for years and has worked flawlessly.

However, I would really like to drill down and find out where we are using the power.

We use about 30kw /day so I am looking to get that reduced! So these look like ideal units to add to key appliances.

Comment

So far, my current cost ENVI unit has told me that my dryer is the biggest culprit of Kwh usage. My wife has now taken that as a green light to purchase a new energy efficient dryer
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          So far, my current cost ENVI unit has told me that my dryer is the biggest culprit of Kwh usage. My wife has now taken that as a green light to purchase a new energy efficient dryer
                          Don't you just love how home automation saves you so much money
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We use about 30kw /day so I am looking to get that reduced!
                            Is that really that bad?

In our home, it is cooking and the water heater that is drawing most of the power during summer, which adds up to around 30 kW +/- 5 as long as the temperature outside is higher than 12 degrees C.

Measured with my Owl CM119 and RFXCOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Don't you just love how home automation saves you so much money
                              hahahah! Yeah, it comes back to bite you!
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X