Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost remote web access to HomeTroller - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost remote web access to HomeTroller - Solved!

Yesterday, while enroute home from a trip, I found I could not access remotely my HS2 PRO (version 2.5.0.81). When I got home, I found that Homeseer had thrown an exception and had to be restarted. I rebooted the computer and still could not access HS2 PRO remotely ("This webpage is not available.").
    I can ping the device with its local IP address. I can ping the device using ***.myhomeseer.com. The firewall is off on my HomeTroller. I can access HS2 PRO remotely with HSTouch on either an iPad or my android phone.

Suggestions for fixing the web browser access problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

When you attempt to access the web interface are there any errors logged in the HomeSeer.log file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      When you attempt to access the web interface are there any errors logged in the HomeSeer.log file?
      Rupp:

Thanks. There are no error messages logged no matter whether I try to access with the internal IP address or with ***.myhomeseer.com.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Fixed!

I have no idea how this happened, but the server port on the web server set up page got changed from 80 to 81, which was reserved for one of my IP cameras. When I set the port back to 80, which was reserved for HomeSeer, everything worked fine.

Comment

If HomeSeer sees the port set as busy it will attempt to bump up the port to the next available port.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            If HomeSeer sees the port set as busy it will attempt to bump up the port to the next available port.
            Interesting! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X