Open/Close Status on GoControl/Linear garage door controller GD00Z-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close Status on GoControl/Linear garage door controller GD00Z-4

I have just installed a GoControl/Linear garage door controller GD00Z-4. It is added successfully to HS3.

From both my web browser and HS3 Touch I can see and control it fine. However, on both the browser and the HS3 Touch app I don't get a status change, it always shows Closed.

What am I missing here?
    Attached Files

Sounds like your tilt sensor is not installed correctly or the batteries are dead in it. Or maybe the battery was installed wrong or upside down in it. I would look for problems with the tilt sensor.

Comment

Is the tilt-sensor installed & activated? See manual: http://www.nortekcontrol.com/pdf/man...0Z_Install.pdf, bottom-center

Problem:
      Garage door
      opens or
      closes, but the
      status does
      not change on
      the Z-Wave
      Controller.

Possible Cause:
      The tilt sensor
      signal is not
      being received
      by the GD00Z-4.

Solution:
      1. Make sure the tilt sensor is mounted
      correctly on the garage door, with the
      arrow pointing up.
      2. Make sure the battery pull tab has been
      removed from the tilt sensor.
      3. Replace the battery in the tilt sensor.

Comment

I have two of these and I made sure the tilt sensor was talking to the controller first. You would first pull the tab away from the battery on the tilt sensor. You will then need to tilt the sensor horizontal and back vertical a couple of times. You should hear a beep coming from the main controller. Then I included the main controller into HS3. Once it is all mounted there was one other thing I remembered and that was to open and close the door manually a couple of times.

Addition: I recently posted about the battery status for the tilt sensor. So in the manual I noticed this text. "The system will notify you when the battery is low, replace the battery with a type CR2032 coin cell".

If the devices listed do not contain a battery child device then does anyone know how it is going to tell us the battery is low?
        Last edited by cowinger; August 20, 2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          If the devices listed do not contain a battery child device then does anyone know how it is going to tell us the battery is low?
          Good question, which suggests an experiment. I pulled the battery; half-hour later, no indication. I was hoping to see something on the "Access Control Notification" device; note value 74 is "Barrier Sensor Low Battery Warning". Of course no battery isn't the same as low battery... Maybe further experimentation as time permits.

PS. the 3V coin cell battery still measures 3.02VDC after about a year and a half, so I'm not worried about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
            Good question, which suggests an experiment. I pulled the battery; half-hour later, no indication. I was hoping to see something on the "Access Control Notification" device; note value 74 is "Barrier Sensor Low Battery Warning". Of course no battery isn't the same as low battery... Maybe further experimentation as time permits.

PS. the 3V coin cell battery still measures 3.02VDC after about a year and a half, so I'm not worried about this one.
            I see the 74 in the status graphics and I wonder if because it says battery low warning and at what level do they consider a low battery?

When you pulled the battery do you think it would ignore that because there was no voltage level at all?

You are correct in that there has to be more testing. I will try some on my end.

The fact that the battery reads that good after a year is great but wouldn't you know that it might pick the middle of a snow storm to quit!! Maybe not so much in your area!

ADD: Another thing I have noticed under the graphics is entries about keypads, locks, RF, Motors. What the heck is all that about? Also below the number list there is two lines, one has 5000-5040 and 6000-6040 and are for user codes for a keypad lock??? WHAT?
            Last edited by cowinger; August 20, 2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I see the 74 in the status graphics and I wonder if because it says battery low warning and at what level do they consider a low battery?

When you pulled the battery do you think it would ignore that because there was no voltage level at all?
              There are purpose built chips for battery or power supply monitoring. The simplest ones are binary -- they trigger if the voltage dips below a preset level. My guess that the ones that show a percentage have some way of mapping the measured voltage to a percentage value. (Who knows how accurate these are, think Windows "progress" bars ). I'm curious what is in the GD00Z -- the manual says "The system will notify you when the battery is low..."

Pulling the battery maybe wasn't a good test because it cuts off all communication from the sensor. A better test would be to use a variable power supply in place of the battery and slowly lower it to see what if anything gets reported. Unfortunately I don't have such a supply at home to play with right now. (Theres a couple I've looked at, maybe soon...)

Comment

Working...
              X