Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraWeatherBug supports various HomeSeer actions and triggers. In order to speak a Weather Alert, you need to:

1) From your HomeSeer web site, click Events.
    2) Click Add Event.

Under the Name Tab:
    1) In the Name textbox, enter something like "UltraWeatherBug - Speak Alerts"
    2) Unselect "Disable Automatic Event Triggering"

Under the Trigger Tab:
    1) In the "Current Trigger Type" dropdown, select "WeatherBug Alert Trigger".
    2) In the "Select Alert Type", select the desired Alert (e.g. Any).
    3) In the "Select Station" dropdown, select your WeatherBug Station.
    3) In the "Notes" textbox, enter something like "Speak weather alerts during daytime hours".

Under the Actions Tab:
    1) In the "Add Action" dropdown, select "UltraWeatherBug Speak" action.
    2) In the "Select Speak Action" dropdown, select "Speak Weather Alerts".
    3) In the "Select Station Dropdown", select your WeatherBug Station.
    4) In the "Notes" textbox, enter something like "Speaks the current weather alerts."

Click the save button.

Note: You can restrict the speaking to daytime by adding a time of day condition to the Trigger Tab.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you there Sir,
      That should help me set it up. I pretty good with following instructions when they are wrote like that. It makes it so much easier for us that dont do alot with the program to understand. I have had this for a long time, I just never really got into programming. That is why I buy all my programs. I have set up a few events, but not to many. I have tried many of time to set up a security event with no luck, even bought a script and still have never got it to work after buying all the stuff. So thank you so much for taking the time to help me and writing out the instructions. I know it tool a lot of time to do this, I really do thank you for doing so. Believe it or not, but I do have a degree in computer science, but you know all that I learned back then is out of date and now I am retired I dont keep up on any of this stuff. I hope you have a great day.
      danielbo

Comment

Comment

Check this out:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=RG-11

I have this and it works great for irrigation.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Does this then take the place of the rain sensor that installed with the irrigation system? Also, could this integrate with homeseer?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by bola09 View Post
              Does this then take the place of the rain sensor that installed with the irrigation system? Also, could this integrate with homeseer?

Thanks,
              Yes, this replaces the rain sensor. I have the this sensor connected to a x10 door/window sensor which reports to HS. The device has a no/nc contacts (relay) on board so you can connect to Secu device also.
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks Hector,
                Kola

Comment

Error

I run weather bug on the hour, and it seems fine. I seem to be getting all the information I need over the speakers, but I keep getting this error every hour it runs. Could you tel me why. Thank you in advance. It seems as if I have had this problem before, but I dont normally look at the log so I dont remember if we had gotten it fixed. I have tried to reinstall it and that didnt work.

Last edited by danielbo; February 4, 2014, 02:11 PM.
                  danielbo

Comment

Resaving the Homeseer event should resolve that issue ...
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

In the event:actions there is a place for host. I have nothing there. I tried to find the Doc on the program and had no luckl
                      I have tried that and no luck. I have no idea why I am not using all of the weather bug progam, but I have resurched and found out the only thing that is running it the warning of weather bug and it show a warning but it wasnt spoken.
                      danielbo

Comment

I've noticed this same exact thing recently. I had been using the weatherbug plugin for well over a year without any problems and noticed this error started to pop up right after I installed the Sonos plug-in and it did it's auto-build of devices based on my setup. I was thinking that maybe there was some compatibility issue with these two plugins?

[quote=danielbo;1022463]I run weather bug on the hour, and it seems fine. I seem to be getting all the information I need over the speakers, but I keep getting this error every hour it runs. Could you tel me why. Thank you in advance. It seems as if I have had this problem before, but I dont normally look at the log so I dont remember if we had gotten it fixed. I have tried to reinstall it and that didnt work.

Comment

I just noticed

I just noticed that all I was using from Ultra bug was the weather warning, only. It looks like to me I have it all set up right but host part in the events. I have that empty. It show a example over top, but sorry it means nothing to me. I have looked for a document but had no luck, I know there has to be one. I went back to set up a trigger to speak the weather when I went to the trigger part the only trigger listed was for warning, nothing for weather. So I dont know how to make it speak the weather either. Might be why I havent been using it.
                          danielbo

Comment

Resaving what event? I have no weatherbug specific events that are being triggered...ie, for me at least, this error seems to occur at random and doesn't seem to coincide with any specific event. It seems to pop up more as I click through the weatherbug pages.

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IKUS View Post
                              Resaving what event? I have no weatherbug specific events that are being triggered...ie, for me at least, this error seems to occur at random and doesn't seem to coincide with any specific event. It seems to pop up more as I click through the weatherbug pages.
                              I have one event and that is weather bug warning, but that is all that I have. If you set up a event when you get to Trigger, it has a pull down, now all I found was warning, I would think there should be 2 more. Then to actions there you will see a pull down that say select speak actions, and there I have three to choose from and I picked Weather warnings. I saved every page. But it didnt help me. Do you know where a document would be. Because under action I dont know what put in the space in the middle of the page.
                              danielbo

Comment

I went in and changed Warning to weather and it spoke the weather, but I still got the same arrors. I left the trigger on weather warnings. Thinking about it you would need a trigger for the weather, just the warning. I am going to make another event, put nothing in the trigger and see If I get the warning and if I do I will know it is in the trigger. I will be back..
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X