No announcement yet.

Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rien, I'm loving the plugin so far, especially the new feature to generate individual device IR codes. Would it be possible to create devices in HS with these devices and have the codes a CAPI controls? (See UltraGCIR for an example). This would allow simpler design in HSTouch for instance.

Right now, I have to create and trigger and event for every IR code, which can get pretty tedious and will become complex to maintain if there are any changes over time.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

It is better to use events. If you are controlling a device, even if it needs 10 commands and you create 10 events, it is better than creating 1000 devices in case you need to use 10 of them. With an event, you may be able to put several IR commands together and have one event rather than 10. Tedious maybe, but using a device and having to scroll through hundreds of IR signal devices to find the one you want would be much, much worse.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

You make a good point about 1000s of devices Rick. I was thinking more along the lines of a single HS device per device controlled by the hub, and then each IR command as a CAPI control. Like this:

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Cannot communicate with my Hub

Hi,

I am using HS3 on a Hometroller (Pro S5) and would love to use the Harmony plugin. I have it installed and configured but the Devices and Activities will not appear. When looking into the log, I note the following:

Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.-The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

As a point of reference, I believe that the Hometroller uses XP SP3 embeded.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
            You make a good point about 1000s of devices Rick. I was thinking more along the lines of a single HS device per device controlled by the hub, and then each IR command as a CAPI control. Like this:

I put this on the list of feature requests for the next release !!
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
              Hi,

I am using HS3 on a Hometroller (Pro S5) and would love to use the Harmony plugin. I have it installed and configured but the Devices and Activities will not appear. When looking into the log, I note the following:

Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.-The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

As a point of reference, I believe that the Hometroller uses XP SP3 embeded.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
              John
              This has to to with the XP embedded version.
              Someone else has the same problem and I send him another executable, but something went wrong in the process.

This week I am on a business trip, and I will deal with this issue next weekend.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                I put this on the list of feature requests for the next release !!
                Yes, I do like that format - prevents too many devices but still gives you quick access to IR signals.
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Hi,

Homeseer has created a seperate area for my (3) plug-ins.
                  It's located here http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1216

Please use this from now on for your questions, issues, requests etc..

Thank you,
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

This has to to with the XP embedded version.
                    Someone else has the same problem and I send him another executable, but something went wrong in the process.

This week I am on a business trip, and I will deal with this issue next weekend.
                    This issue has been solved !!!!

As you also responded to my question about the NEST, we can fix both at the same time :-)

So please get in contact with me, as requested in the PM I sent you earlier.

If anyone else if having issues with plug-in and Windows XP (embedded) please contact me and I will help you individually as long as the an updated version is not yet in the HS updater.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

This issue has been solved !!!!
                      If anyone else if having issues with plug-in and Windows XP (embedded) please contact me and I will help you individually as long as the an updated version is not yet in the HS updater.
                      I am having the same issue with WinXP Embedded.

Any chance you can post the solution, I've downloaded the latest version off the updater.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

I've submitted an updated version. Normally HomeSeer will make the update available very fast. If you don't want to wait, sent me a PM with your email address and I sent you the update individually.
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien, any update on my event question in the new forum area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Rien,

Beerygaz has an point, would be great to use the activities to trigger events but now the values are not updated and can not be used to trigger events

Regards

Bart

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

harmony hub

is this plug in available for home seer 2 as well?
                              if so, listed under?

Comment

Hi,

No I have created a HS3 version only and have no plans to create a HS2 version.

Sorry...
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands
                                Using:
                                Plugin's:
                                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X