• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Please post your feature requests here.

Thanks
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

A message Just to let you know that a plugin like this has great potential if you asked me.
    KNX is the standard in Europe for home automation when implemented by professional installers.
    A plugin like this could open up this whole marked to HomeSeer when it gets picked up by the right people.
    I would definitely start some marketing activities in this area if I was Homeseer.
    I am not a KNX user my self so I won't use Plugin, but I see the BIG potential if marketed right.

Great work!

Martijn.

Comment

Greate to Have this plugin

Will test it soon...

Comment

I have tested this plugin now for about 2-3 weeks. My house is mainly controlled by KNX so for me this plugin was the main reason for buying Homeseer. I have approx 150 group adresses configured now.

I'm really happy with it so far, seems to be very stable and easy to configure/add devices. And I had some really good support from NicolaiL

Great work!

Comment

Comment

That should be easy enough. I will get it done in the next beta release.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Try v0.0.1.7 which is now in the updater.
              Nicolai L

Comment

Scenes works fine

One more thing, how do I write a DPT 9.001 temp value to a group address?
                Tried a lot of different setup yesterday but couldn't get the value out on the bus, I'm updating the value in the device from a MQTT temp sensor.

Tried with izKNX-SETPOINT and "write" ValueTemp 9.001.

Comment

Originally posted by olev View Post
                  Scenes works fine

Tried a lot of different setup yesterday but couldn't get the value out on the bus, I'm updating the value in the device from a MQTT temp sensor.

The Thermostat object is not yet fully supported, but look out for the next beta version where I will start to offer support for this as well.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by olev View Post
                      Scenes works fine

Please try beta 0.0.1.9. If you have previously created thermostats from the Config page you will need to recreate these.
                      Nicolai L

Comment

KNX - Plugin

Hi,

I'm big time KNX user and a IT integrator. I got many customers who have KNX installation. This plugin is just what I needed to get the cool features virtually unlimited of possibility's that Homeseer offers.
                        I think this plugin is huge business oppertunity for Homeseer on the European market.

Installed Homeseer trial, installed the plugin (the first beta) and it basicly worked "out of the box"
                        Deicided to buy Homeseer because the only few things that I needed do was install Homeseer (with this knx plugin), add my devices and linking event's

Simply brilliant comparing to how I used to make scripts and trigger event's

Nicolai, keep up the good work! if you ever need feedback or some testing just let me know. Happy to help.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Patrik

Comment

Originally posted by patrickpeeters View Post
                          Hi,

I'm big time KNX user and a IT integrator. I got many customers who have KNX installation. This plugin is just what I needed to get the cool features virtually unlimited of possibility's that Homeseer offers.
                          I think this plugin is huge business oppertunity for Homeseer on the European market.

Installed Homeseer trial, installed the plugin (the first beta) and it basicly worked "out of the box"
                          Deicided to buy Homeseer because the only few things that I needed do was install Homeseer (with this knx plugin), add my devices and linking event's

Simply brilliant comparing to how I used to make scripts and trigger event's

Nicolai, keep up the good work! if you ever need feedback or some testing just let me know. Happy to help.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Patrik
                          Hi Patrik

Thanks for your kind words! Great to hear you too see the potential. Let me know if you need support for additional device types so I can look to expand the plug-in.

Hopefully you can help spread the word that we now have KNX support in HomeSeer!

Cheers
                          Nicolai
                          Nicolai L

Comment

Hello Nicolai,

I'm a newbie with KNX, currenly rebuilding my home and need an interfact to talk to our HRV system. The options are Modbus and KNX. It seems KNX is easier to implement then Modbus.

Do you think the following interface will work with your plugin? http://weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all...terface-731-en

Looks a great interface with PoE..

Regards,

Frans

---

ah i see the jung module you use also supports PoE. Any (dis)advantages between these? I think i will use the same as you do for optimum compatibility..

Comment

Originally posted by posixx View Post
                              Hello Nicolai,

I'm a newbie with KNX, currenly rebuilding my home and need an interfact to talk to our HRV system. The options are Modbus and KNX. It seems KNX is easier to implement then Modbus.

Do you think the following interface will work with your plugin? http://weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all...terface-731-en

Looks a great interface with PoE..

Regards,

Frans

---

ah i see the jung module you use also supports PoE. Any (dis)advantages between these? I think i will use the same as you do for optimum compatibility..
                              Yeah, the JUNG module is definitely good and I like the PoE capability as well. However, I think the Weinzerl should work as well. At the end of the day these should be standard KNX initerfaces all adhering to the KNX standard so, in theory, they should all work equally well.

I did look at the Weinzerl, but I chose the Jung because it was subsequently recommended to me.
                              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                              X