This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new PLM

Hey all. I just downloaded Mark's Insteon plug in and following the getting started guide. It states:

5. Goto the plugin config page (use the Insteon link on the previous page) and set the port: COM1, COM2, etc, or for the Hub enter the local IP address:Port# (eg 192.168.1.80:25105).

OK so, where do I find the com port information so I know what value to put in there?

Noob to Homeseer as I migrate away from my ISY, so patience is appreciated.

Thanks!

Kerry

This isn't that uncommon of an area of confusion. We can work thru it. Had it myself.

First, are you on windows? What is the model of the PLM? How do you have it connected to the HS3 server?

Comment

I have a Homeseer Zee S2. The PLM is a 2413S plugged in via a USB adapter.

Comment

Zee S2... know little about them since it is linux. Others will answer I'm sure.

If it were windows, plug in the PLM. Go to control panel/device manager/ports and you should see your PLM. It will tell you which COM port it is on.

Comment

you probably need a port value like the following, but I don't know how to tell which one

/dev/ttyUSB0
          /dev/ttyUSB1

try each and just restart the plugin until it connects to the plm
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            you probably need a port value like the following, but I don't know how to tell which one

/dev/ttyUSB0
            /dev/ttyUSB1

try each and just restart the plugin until it connects to the plm
            I just tried /dev/ttyUSB0 through /dev/ttyUSB4. No deal.

Anyone know how I check and see if the Zee S2 is seeing the PLM? Where can I see what is attached to each com port?

Comment

did you try all the different physical ports on the S2 with the various values?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did yes. Seems a bit odd that I needed to do so much trial and error though. It has to be visible somewhere... Anything else I can try? I'm dying to get this working. I have close to 200 Insteon devices and only 5 Z-wave devices.

Comment

Have you tried the HS Insteon plug in? Maybe it will connect and tell you the port
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Any progress?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Unfortunately not. I can't see to get the S2 to recognize the PLM with either your plugin or the HS plugin. Im not sure what the issue is. I know the PLM is good. I also tested out my cat 5 cable to make sure it worked and the USB to RJ45 adapter I just bought is brand new. I'm not sure what else I can try at this point.

Comment

Can you post a link to the adapter you bought.

It's a usb to serial adapter correct?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sure. Here ya go. USB to RJ45

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095EFXMC

Comment

Originally posted by klebel View Post
                            Sure. Here ya go. USB to RJ45

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095EFXMC
                            This a usb to Ethernet. It won't work

The rj45 jack on the plm is serial not Ethernet.

Can you return the 2413s and get a 2413u

Otherwise you will need serial to sub adapter and gender changer. Db9 to r45

I would get the 2413u
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              This a usb to Ethernet. It won't work

The rj45 jack on the plm is serial not Ethernet.

Can you return the 2413s and get a 2413u

Otherwise you will need serial to sub adapter and gender changer. Db9 to r45

I would get the 2413u
                              Sorry I don't quite follow. The 2413S has a serial RJ45 port. There is no DB9 connector anywhere. I can't go direct from RJ45 to USB? I need the DB9 in there somewhere? What about just buying a RJ45 to USB cable itself without an adapter?

Comment

Working...
                              X