Adding Too Many "OR IF" "AND IF" Causes a Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Too Many "OR IF" "AND IF" Causes a Failure

In the pic the red arrow indicates where I was adding the 'and if' statement to the 'or if' of the sliding door battery when all of a sudden it jumped down to the zse30 battery line (blue arrow) which already contained an 'and if' statement as you can see. The line for the sliding door battery I was adding the AND IF to was at the bottom and jumped up to where you see it now. I think we have a bug here!

Add: The sliding door battery "OR IF" "AND IF" combo was the eleventh entry. The first ten pairs went in OK.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cowinger; August 21, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    In the pic the red arrow indicates where I was adding the 'and if' statement to the 'or if' of the sliding door battery when all of a sudden it jumped down to the zse30 battery line (blue arrow) which already contained an 'and if' statement as you can see. The line for the sliding door battery I was adding the AND IF to was at the bottom and jumped up to where you see it now. I think we have a bug here!
    I have never run into this and I have a lot of events that have a large number of Trigger/Condition groups. I have seen similar behavior if an event is edited by deleting any trigger without deleting the conditions underneath. If a Trigger is deleted, the AND IF following will become an OR IF and it also will not function since it was a condition and is not a valid trigger. The only way a trigger can be successfully deleted from an event is 1) it cannot be the first trigger (IF) and 2) if a secondary trigger (OR IF) is deleted all of the directly associated conditions must be deleted as well - preferably first. How many total pairs are in your event? Did you delete any of the triggers as you were editing? Is there any way you can post a screenshot of the entire event?

I just built a quick event with 20 pairs of Trigger and Condition without issue.
    Last edited by randy; August 21, 2017, 11:25 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Disregard the prior response, I was able to duplicate your problem. I will endeavor to find a way to illustrate it reliably so I can send an email to Rich. When I built the event initially it worked, but when I went back to edit it, it broke.

Stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I have never run into this and I have a lot of events that have a large number of Trigger/Condition groups. I have seen similar behavior if an event is edited by deleting any trigger without deleting the conditions underneath. If a Trigger is deleted, the AND IF following will become an OR IF and it also will not function since it was a condition and is not a valid trigger. The only way a trigger can be successfully deleted from an event is 1) it cannot be the first trigger (IF) and 2) if a secondary trigger (OR IF) is deleted all of the directly associated conditions must be deleted as well - preferably first. How many total pairs are in your event? Did you delete any of the triggers as you were editing? Is there any way you can post a screenshot of the entire event?

I just built a quick event with 30 pairs of Trigger and Condition without issue.
        I created the event as new and started with an IF followed by an AND IF for the first two lines and followed that with the OR IF statements until I got to the eleventh set. The OR IF went in OK and then I added right under it the AND IF and as soon as I selected "A Devices Value Is" it shifted like the first pic.

I managed to squeeze in the whole thing in the pic below.
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the magic number is 10, the 11th trigger is when the problems begin. I have been unable to create more that 10 pairs without it failing. I am unsure how I was able to built the first test event with 20 pairs.

EDIT: It looks like we cross posted and both found the number to be greater than 10 to cause the failure.

I will put together an email and send it to Rich.

Comment

It looks like the magic number is 10, the 11th trigger is when the problems begin. I have been unable to create more that 10 pairs without it failing. I am unsure how I was able to built the first test event with 20 pairs.

EDIT: It looks like we cross posted and both found the number to be greater than 10 to cause the failure.

I will put together an email and send it to Rich.
            OK, great. I was beginning to wonder if I was doing something different than you. Thanks for sending it in.

Comment

I have had this same problem but never counted the magic number. But yes I ended up splitting it up I think to get around the limit in my case.

Comment

Hey, @rmasonjr doesn't this sound similar to what we found working with the HAI/OMNI Plug-In a couple of years back?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...7&postcount=12

The issue only presented itself in Google Chrome back then, IE didn't have the issue. Is that the case for what you guys are experiencing?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                  The issue only presented itself in Google Chrome back then, IE didn't have the issue. Is that the case for what you guys are experiencing?

-Travis
                  I only use Chrome, so yes my troubles were in chrome and I did not test another browser at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                    Hey, @rmasonjr doesn't this sound similar to what we found working with the HAI/OMNI Plug-In a couple of years back?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...7&postcount=12

-Travis
                    That does sound familiar. I will say that Triggers/Conditions are extremely complicated in the SDK (at least for me). There is a huge learning curve associated with development.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                      OK, great. I was beginning to wonder if I was doing something different than you. Thanks for sending it in.
                      I put together a description and screenshots and emailed them to Rich.

Until then, consider the limit to be 10 Triggers and split your events if you need more.

Comment

Until then, consider the limit to be 10 Triggers and split your events if you need more.
                        Is your testing by chance only in Chrome?

Comment

This is fixed in build 3.0.0.353.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            Is your testing by chance only in Chrome?
                            My testing is in Edge. I am using 3.0.0.318. I have read that there is still problems with going to that revision. If you don't do the right procedure it can mess it up. Is there a good description somewhere of the right steps to do this? I am in W10 also.

Comment

Windows build of 3.0.0.353 is here if you want to test it:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_353.msi
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X