This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor Settings

Hi all, I run a Aeotec MultiSensor 6's in my home for motion detection and temperature control. Up until update 368 everything on the events side worked alright but some times could delay up to 30seconds but it was rare. I run the Homeseer software in a VM environment on Qnap TS-453A pro Nas. And so far it has been great. After the update though most of my events started running slow, mainly all the events switched by the Aeotec sensors. So I stripped the VM environment and and even tried a Windows XP environment running the same VM image and no change. Then i tried a Mac mini i5 2.3ghz 16gb running windows 7 with the same Homeseer files. Still no change. Some things like the web interface and startup and shutdown ran faster but I rarely use either and the web interface was very usable under VM. So i then tried a Toughbook i5 3.2ghz 16gb running windows 10 with the same Homeseer files and still no increase of operation time of events. So back to the Qnap i went. I then decided it must be Z-Net playing up on receive because when a device is manually operated it works instantaneously. But you can't really get any information from a Z-Net so I then moved onto the sensors them selves and after some digging I found all the setting had been wiped taking the sensors back to a 4min PIR reset and communicating a basic set instead of a binary set. So after referring to my trusty notes and reset all sensors to my original settings. No I have a 2-5second delay on switched events which is not great but I can live with it. So I have decided to document all my sensor settings incase they can help some one else. Please feel free to add any information you may also have.
    Aeotec
    97.06%
    Figaro
    29.41%
    Zig Bee
    5.88%
    Other
    52.94%

Aeotec Mulitsensor 6 Settings

All these parameters are entered in under
    Aeon Labs Multisensor Device
    Under the Z-Wave Tab
    Under "Set Configuration Parameters"
    Allow at least 30mins for the settings to work.
    Parameter 3 PIR data send time
    Value: 10 (Seconds)
    Bytes: 2
    Parameter 4 PIR Intensity
    Value: 5 (1Low-5High)
    Bytes: 1
    Parameter 5 Command Set
    Value: 2 (Sensor Binary Report)

Comment

Figaro RGBW Controller

*IN/OUT mode
      Parameter 10 Time between steps (Instant On)
      Value: 0
      Bytes: 2
      Parameter 11 Time to change start and end value (Instant Change)
      Value: 0
      Parameter 14 Input and output selection
      Goto this web site and scroll down to the Parameters section. Select Parameter 14
      and there is a selection panel to chooses inputs and outputs for each channel. It will then give you the value you need at the bottom. Enter this in under parameter 14 in Homeseer and your off.
      http://manuals.fibaro.com/rgbw/http://manuals.fibaro.com/rgbw/

Comment

Z-Net Issues

Thought I would also just write down that I had my Z-Net sitting on top of my steel server cabinet and I found after moving it all my Node Adding and Removing hassles went away. Also my devices started functioning faster. I fortunately have an aerial array and laptop that tracks wifi and any airborne signal and visualises it. So I used it on the Z-net and found that the Z-Net mostly sends it signal out the front were the sticker is but also the sides but not much underneath (Makes sense). But that little bit bounces of the cabinet and interferes with he Z-net output which Im sure leads to packet lose. So instead of getting a nice arc of signal it ends up shooting off all over the place. Might help some one.

Comment

Just an Update, since changing all the settings my homeseer is running 150% better. All my Android devices running HSTouch are now instantaneous and the events are down to under 2 seconds. Also Iam now getting continual feed back from my sensors which I haven't seen since the update. So it appears the sensors were back logging the Homeseer machine or network but it didn't show up in the logs.

Comment

Working...
          X