No announcement yet.

Jon00 Performance Monitor V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your issue is that you cannot have two web servers on the same port on one machine. If you are getting another web service on address (<ip address>/deviceutility) then you are asking for problems.
    Jon

Comment

I just installed this PI and want to say thanks again for an invaluable addition to HS3. Now my question:
      Running PerfMon shows usage of about 7.xx% for HS3 on average. However, checking Task Manager, HS3 and its bits show in the 4% range on average. It's as if PerfMon is adding the bits of HS3 to the HS3 total that is already the sum total. Thoughts please.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-25-18 at 07.44 AM 002.PNG
Views:	279
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	1269354Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-25-18 at 07.44 AM 001.PNG
Views:	274
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1269355

Comment

You cannot really compare the two. Performance Monitor takes the CPU average over 4 1/2 minutes rather than every second in Task Manager.
        Jon

Comment

Jon, this morning Windows Defender is telling me that I have Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A in Jon00PerfMonHS3.exe. Should I replace the file, or try to create an exclusion?
          It is only being picked up by Windows Defender on a Windows 10 machine (which does not run HS3 but stores backups). It is not being picked up by either of my Windows 7 machines that actually run HS3.

Comment

It's a false positive so add an exclusion.

I was just reading a PC magazine recently which did tests on all the AV products. Windows defender came out worst for false positives......
            Jon

Comment

Hi

After few auto restart from my HS3 server I installed the performance monitor to try to find out if this was a memory issue. I found out that I might have a process that keep eating my machine virtual memory, I then installed the process monitor and monitored all my plugin and found out that none of them have been eating all this memory.

As I am definitly no expert in research of this kind of issues, I am asking here if someone could guide me in finding where this issue could be coming from ?

Thanks for any help

Name:	perfmon.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1370647
              Current Date/Time: 2020-03-17 17:24:41
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
              System Uptime: 2 Days 7 Hours 38 Minutes 11 Seconds
              Number of Devices: 857
              Number of Events: 349
              Available Threads: 1200
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 4
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
              In Virtual Machine: No MFG: hp
              Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              2.0.16.0: BLLogMonitor
              3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
              1.4.0.4: Device History
              3.0.0.18: EnvCan
              3.0.0.41: EnvisaLink
              1.4.2.2: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
              5.1.1.7: mcsMQTT
              3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
              3.1.2.3: MeiKu
              3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
              0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              1.0.0.7: Restart
              3.1.0.51: Sonos
              3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
              3.0.1.252: Z-Wave
              Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 at 2,97 GHz
              Modules/Threads: 146 Modules, 166 Threads
              Available Threads: 1200
              System Processes/Load: 257 Processes, 13% Load
              Free / Total Physical Memory: 8,09 GBytes / 15,87 GBytes (51% free)
              Free / Total Virtual Memory: 8,44 GBytes / 18,25 GBytes (46% free)
              HomeSeer Memory Used: 77 Mbytes
              Plug-In Memory Used: 16 EXE Plug-Ins using 245 Mbytes

Comment

Just showing the system metrics does not help as any process on your PC could be the issue. Is the Homeseer process showing a similar trend?
                Jon

Comment

here is the full image

In fact, I know the problem could come from any process on my HS3 server, this is why I asked if someone could give me a hint on how to search for such a problematic process.

thanks for the help

Name:	perfmon.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1370662

Comment

Might try: Open Task Manager(Cntrl+Alt+Del) ,click on the top of Memory column to sort "largest first" and wait to see who bubbles to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                      here is the full image

In fact, I know the problem could come from any process on my HS3 server, this is why I asked if someone could give me a hint on how to search for such a problematic process.

thanks for the help
                      It's good to see that the issue is not Homeseer.

Go to Task Manager and select details. Right-click on one of the column titles (such as name) and click on 'select columns'. Add 'Threads' and 'Handles'

Watch these 2 columns together with Memory to see any is increasing regularly. Remember, you can sort by value by clicking on a column title.
                      Jon

Comment

Ok I think I identified the process, it is MongoDB Database Server used by Unify controler.

Looking on Unify forums, I tried pruning the databse and changes the controler DB parameters to lower the number of day of history, I will see how this affects the Virtual memory problem.

thanks a lot for pointing me

Comment

Hi Jon-

I noticed that the new version will report on more than 8 cores. However, after upgrading and restarting the exe, I'm still only seeing devices for original 8 cores. My system has is dual Xeon, with 8 physical cores per CPU.

Any thoughts on how to get it to recognize/report on the other cores?
                          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

You can't. Whilst it can report up to 16 cores, this is on a single CPU only.
                            Jon

Comment

I'm guessing It's only counting physical cores (each Xeon is 8 physical / 8 virtual (HT) Cores, for a total of 32 (physical + HT)/ Monitoring only the physical cores on a single CPU explains why I'm holding steady at 8.

Thanks again for all your contributions to the HS community. Glad to see you porting stuff into HS4.
                              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Can't get the HighValueRestart to work. Found this in Jon00PerfmonErrorLog.txt
                                Error within Sub Main at block 30 - System/Homeseer CPU Usage (Instance 'HS3' does not exist in the specified Category.)

Any suggestions what it means?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X