Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.49 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    are other settings (timeout, hearbeat interval, etc) taking affect when you set them?
    Yes. I’ve been able to successfully change all the other custom settings with the exception of the LED brightness which does not seem to have any effect.

Most recently I change the Mode, the Time Out, the Heartbeat, and the Temperature Offset.

It really only seems that I’m unable to control the LED settings, everything else has been working fine. And to clarify I get the update message that states the changes will be made the next time motion is detected, after a minute or so following motion detected, the settings update and appear correctly on the edit device settings page after I refresh the page but the actual sensor device does not seem to respect the LED settings that are appearing correctly on your plug-in’s setting page.
    Last edited by Sinandgrin; March 16, 2018, 07:08 AM. Reason: Added clarification

Comment

i'm not sure why this setting isn't working

what about setting the led brightness to 1 or some other level. do you see a change relative to setting (other than 0)?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i'm not sure why this setting isn't working

what about setting the led brightness to 1 or some other level. do you see a change relative to setting (other than 0)?
        I wanted to play around with this some more, because I have only been attempting 2 settings, 100 (the default) and 0. I want to try setting some other random values to see if there is any noticeable change in the brightness but I noticed something this morning.

When I make a change to the 'Custom Settings' and it gives me the following notification, "The New settings will be programmed the next time the Motion Sensor transmits an On." what exactly does the "On" mean? Does this mean that my device ref: 603, needs to get set by the sensor to "Motion"?

If I have the sensor's MODE set to 'Night Only' and I am trying to make changes now during the day, the sensor is not set to trigger HS that motion has been detected because it's too bright out and is not night time. If this is how these settings are updated then this could be an issue. Essentially I can make any changes to the device until night time, or I guess force a hardware factory reset. I'll have to read how to do that if this is truly how this works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensor.png
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1195887

Comment

Originally posted by Sinandgrin View Post
          I wanted to play around with this some more, because I have only been attempting 2 settings, 100 (the default) and 0. I want to try setting some other random values to see if there is any noticeable change in the brightness but I noticed something this morning.

When I make a change to the 'Custom Settings' and it gives me the following notification, "The New settings will be programmed the next time the Motion Sensor transmits an On." what exactly does the "On" mean? Does this mean that my device ref: 603, needs to get set by the sensor to "Motion"?

If I have the sensor's MODE set to 'Night Only' and I am trying to make changes now during the day, the sensor is not set to trigger HS that motion has been detected because it's too bright out and is not night time. If this is how these settings are updated then this could be an issue. Essentially I can make any changes to the device until night time, or I guess force a hardware factory reset. I'll have to read how to do that if this is truly how this works.
          you've got the right idea about when the settings are actually programmed to the ms. MS don't listen for commands continuously; it would kill the battery. But there is a small window after an On msg is received. you can however press the set btn once on the ms to trigger the On to initiate the programming.

the alternative is to connect it to a usb power source temporarily.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

you've got the right idea about when the settings are actually programmed to the ms. MS don't listen for commands continuously; it would kill the battery. But there is a small window after an On msg is received. you can however press the set btn once on the ms to trigger the On to initiate the programming.

the alternative is to connect it to a usb power source temporarily.
            Ah did not think of the button on the device. So tried that and was able to get the new settings to update. I tried a bunch of new LED settings but nothing seems to make an impact to the MS's LED. Here is a quick log dump showing the LED settings being made from your plugin. Everything looks like its working.

I suppose I can try to reset the MS to factory settings and try this all again. If I did that, do I need to reprogram the MS with your Plugin?

Mar-17 10:10:45 AM Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=8
            Mar-17 10:10:42 AM Insteon Received a Direct ACK from Office Motion Sensor (4A.58.63): 4A 58 63 3C 4C 7A 2B 20 02
            Mar-17 10:10:42 AM Insteon Motion Sensor 4A.58.63 Op Flags programmed successfully.
            Mar-17 10:10:42 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 3C 4C 7A 2B 20 02
            Mar-17 10:10:41 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 4A 58 63 1F 20 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 DE 06
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 4A 58 63 1F 20 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 DE to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Now attempting to program the LED Op Flag...
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Entering SetOpFlags routine...
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 11 00 01 CB 06 00
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 00 02 01 CB 11 01
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 00 01 01 CF 11 01
            Mar-17 10:10:40 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 00 00 01 CF 11 01 Debouncing repeat.
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon Setting status and value for device 3E.A7.57:1. Old status:0 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcastUpdateResponders: Located remote link record match for group broadcast - Device:3E.A7.57 link record #8 target channel 1
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon Setting status and value for device 4A.58.63:1. Old status:0 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device Office Motion Sensor (4A.58.63) is group broadcast source (tgt group/button:1) sending cmd 11
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon Received Office Motion Sensor Occupancy Sensor: (4A.58.63) Go ON
            Mar-17 10:10:39 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):4A 58 63 00 00 01 CF 11 01
            Mar-17 10:10:31 AM Insteon Edit Insteon Device #32 Addr: 4A.58.63, Name:Motion Sensor, Location:Office

Comment

try a factory reset and then reprogram with the plugin. use the program device for homeseer button
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark the latest beta (.31) is great! Thanks for giving us these new features. Much easier to make changes to devices now.

Comment

I improved the Hub 2 buffer processing in 3.0.6.34. If you are stilling using an original Hub, i would appreciate feedback that everything still works.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Looking for final feedback on this beta. I would like to release it as 3.0.7.0 very soon
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Running 3.0.6.39 no issues

Comment

I've been running 3.0.6.33 for quite a while with no known issues.
                        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I've been updating to every beta as it is published. I don't do that with all my software - that's a BIG compliment to you Mark!..

Currently running on beta 3.0.6.47. Have had no issues with any of the betas that have not been resolved. You've made lots of improvements that lots of folks are not benefiting from so I support a full release Mark.

Comment

All

I posted 3.0.7.0 in the Updater. if you have issues related to this new release version please post them to the release thread. See below

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-windows-linux
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X