Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring Previous Date of Homeseer Configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Previous Date of Homeseer Configuration?

Is it possible to restore the homeseer system to a previous date and if so how is this accomplished?
    Does homeseer automatically save homeseer configuration every so many days or a specific time interval?

Somehow several of my plug-ins disappeared and not sure the easiest way to resolve this issue?

Thanks for the help.....Rick
    Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 4, 2018, 02:47 AM. Reason: Additional Information

I don't know if HS has its own backup, I'm still newbie here.
    For myself I run it in a VM, and be doing major change I manually take a snapshot before in case I want to go back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

HomeSeer creates a backup each time it is started. There are up to 10 copies retained. They are in the \data directory and have the same name as your data file with “_X” appended to the name, with “X” being a number from 1-10. You will need to look at the files datestamp to determine which is the newest.

Since a backup is only created at startup, they can get quite old. I recommend a backup plug-in or software package too cheduled backups. I use BLBackup for HomeSeer backups and Macirum Reflect for system backups. HomeSeer and the system backed up daily.
      Last edited by randy; June 4, 2018, 10:59 AM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I also use and recommend the free plugin "BLBACKUP".

Comment

I'm reading description of blbackup and it look like Windows oriented.
          Does it work for a Linux installation?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X