Any FireBoard users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    You know you want one, you might as well get it now..

Kidding aside, does anyone know if you can name the probes. In other words are the probes chipped so they can be plugged into any port and still retain their identification?

I love that feature with the Stoker.
    The probes are not chipped. It reads based on the port you put it in, and you can rename it what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
      The probes are not chipped. It reads based on the port you put it in, and you can rename it what you want.

So you can name the ports and that will persist throughout usage? Does the name display on the LCD?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Renaming only lasts for the session. I haven't paid attention to the naming on the display. I have only used mine 3 times since i got it last month. I use the app and webpage to monitor/administrate.

edit: I stand corrected. The re-naming is persistent, and the display does reflect the name. I powered it up to see.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
          Renaming only lasts for the session. I haven't paid attention to the naming on the display. I have only used mine 3 times since i got it last month. I use the app and webpage to monitor/administrate.

edit: I stand corrected. The re-naming is persistent, and the display does reflect the name. I powered it up to see.

Thank you very much Keith. Depending on how this PI turns out, I may just have to make the switch..
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X