This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Thanks. Anything else I should be doing to report the correct status of the IO sensor?
    how many hs devices are listed on the status page for the iolinc; there should be two: one for the input sensor and one for the relay. if you don't see this then you need to delete and register the iolinc.

if the above is not the case then...

are you saying that after you 'poll' the device for status, the status is still not updated during normal operation? the iolinc input sensor should update as it changes. if you aren't getting these msgs, then maybe there is a signal issue.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

are you saying that after you 'poll' the device for status, the status is still not updated during normal operation? the iolinc input sensor should update as it changes. if you aren't getting these msgs, then maybe there is a signal issue.
      This is correct, I have a really good reliability on it at 100% and I poll every 2 minutes.
      The I/o is set to sense, I think it is right. I have a good rate of success with this but sometime I notice that it is giving the wrong info and I'm not sure why, the magnet should sense that is on.

Device Type: I/O Linc
      Firmware Version: 36
      Comm Reliability: 100% (0 failed out of 1497 cmds)

Polling Interval (Minutes, 0=None): 2

I/O Linc Channels
      Channel 1 Name: (Input Sensor)
      Channel 2 Name: (Output Relay)

Device Link Table

Link #4 Input Sensor controls House KeyPadLinc (13.C1.F2)
      Link #1 Input Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
      Link #2 Input Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Database Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On
      Link #3 Input Sensor is controlled by House KeyPadLinc Button B (13.C1.F2) - Command: On

Comment

This is correct, I have a really good reliability on it at 100% and I poll every 2 minutes.
        The I/o is set to sense, I think it is right. I have a good rate of success with this but sometime I notice that it is giving the wrong info and I'm not sure why, the magnet should sense that is on.

Device Type: I/O Linc
        Firmware Version: 36
        Comm Reliability: 100% (0 failed out of 1497 cmds)

Polling Interval (Minutes, 0=None): 2

I/O Linc Channels
        Channel 1 Name: (Input Sensor)
        Channel 2 Name: (Output Relay)

Device Link Table

Link #4 Input Sensor controls House KeyPadLinc (13.C1.F2)
        Link #1 Input Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #2 Input Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Database Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On
        Link #3 Input Sensor is controlled by House KeyPadLinc Button B (13.C1.F2) - Command: On
        delete link #2, i have removed this from the programming.

are you sure the magnet is close/strong enough to trigger the input sensor circuit when the door is shut? this would be the only reason for getting the wrong status.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

good question but i think if the magnet was not working it would show the status of off correct?

Comment

good question but i think if the magnet was not working it would show the status of off correct?
            yes, typically if the magnet isn't close enough to the reed the input sensor will still show OFF. You should see if you can move the magnet or reed closer together.

if there is a lot of play in the door the status could bounce on/off
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thank you Mark.

Comment

Working...
              X