This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to link Triggerlinc

is there a sticky or help file on how to get Homeseer to recognize Triggerlincs? I have been able to install the plugin and register the access point, but that's as far as I've gotten. Sorry if I've missed it...Thanks!

Originally posted by MrX10 View Post
    is there a sticky or help file on how to get Homeseer to recognize Triggerlincs? I have been able to install the plugin and register the access point, but that's as far as I've gotten. Sorry if I've missed it...Thanks!
    i don't have specific help posted for working with specific device--there are just too many. For the triggerlinc, make sure you put it into linking mode before attempting to register with the plugin. See the smarthome manual for linking mode.

thanks

i guess what i can do is put a note on the add/register page about using linking mode for rf/wireless devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. I have the Triggerlinc in linking mode, but not sure if I am following the correct steps to register. I have tried the manual add and tap-add with no results. This is the case for more than one triggerlinc. Trying to determine if I am not doing something correctly, or maybe I have a defective access point.

Comment

Thanks Mark. I have the Triggerlinc in linking mode, but not sure if I am following the correct steps to register. I have tried the manual add and tap-add with no results. This is the case for more than one triggerlinc. Trying to determine if I am not doing something correctly, or maybe I have a defective access point.
        a few things to try...
        leave the TL next to the access point (AP) then try to register manually
        put the TL next to your other AP and try to register manually
        try a reset on the TL (see the manual)

i believe you should see the AP LED flash when it recvs a msgs from the TL, are you seeing this?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

no luck. The LED on the access point does not blink, so I'm leaning toward it being defective. Thanks for the help.

Comment

no luck. The LED on the access point does not blink, so I'm leaning toward it being defective. Thanks for the help.
            do you have multiple APs or an RF PLM?

also try resetting the AP
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

only one AP to start...wanted to get a feel for how well this works first.

Comment

only one AP to start...wanted to get a feel for how well this works first.
                so you bought the AP and TLs at the same time?

what about your PLM, is it a 2413 series?

you might try manually linking the TL to a switch and see if you can get the TL to turn the light on and off. the AP will need to be plugged in.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

working now

I unplugged the AP and the PLM and let them set for a day. I moved the PLM to a different outlet and tried again. Each triggerlinc registered fine, although I still don't see the LED blink on the AP. I have 4 triggerlincs all mounted on doors...working well so far!

Comment

I unplugged the AP and the PLM and let them set for a day. I moved the PLM to a different outlet and tried again. Each triggerlinc registered fine, although I still don't see the LED blink on the AP. I have 4 triggerlincs all mounted on doors...working well so far!
                    ah, i just realized the problem: The AP and PLM were on separate phases and thus not communicating. Assuming you don't have a phase coupler on your panel.

By moving the PLM to another outlet, you probably put it on the same phase as the AP so now they can talk.

you should get a second AP and install it according to the instructions
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X