This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skozin View Post
    I use that exact thermostat. It works fine with the plugin.
    Great thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
      The plugin technically talked to the 2441V interface so it is compatible with multiple Venstar thermostat.

Compatible with Totaline/Venstar T1700, T1800, and T1900 thermostats

If you haven't already bought this, you can compare the features to see what best meets your requirements. The T1700 is cheaper. The T1800 support better in-thermostat programming. If you use the plugin, you will likely be controlling it from HomeSeer so that isn't too important. The T1800 also allows for an optional humidity module which can be read by the plugin.
      Hi Tom,

I already have the T1800 with the other script plugin. Your new plugin looks cool and definitely has more features.

Thanks again
      Raven

Comment

Hi Tom,

I just purchased the plugin and registered it in HS.

I removed my previous thermostats scripts and then installed your MSI package. I then re-started HS.

and in the log it shows this

5/12/2011 7:51:43 PM - SageInsteonTStat - Insteon Plugin Version (must be at least 1.5.4.5): 1.5.5.0
        5/12/2011 7:51:43 PM - SageInsteonTStat - Insteon version OK for link management
        5/12/2011 7:51:43 PM - SageInsteonTStat - HomeSeer Version (must be at least 2.5.0.20): 2.5.0.20
        5/12/2011 7:51:43 PM - SageInsteonTStat - HomeSeer version OK for link management
        5/12/2011 7:51:43 PM - SageInsteonTStat - Enabling Link Management

However, nothing else happens and in HS I don't see the new thermostats controls. I do see a new Thermostat Control config tab but nothing appears in it.

Help
        Thanks

Comment

By nothing shows up in the config, I assume you mean that your thermostat didn't appear. Just like in the old script you have to configure it. Enter the name you want, the Insteon address, etc. Then it will register itself and start working. At worst case, you may need to restart HS. BTW, as opposed to the old script, there is a full user guide document. You can find this under the help link. There are quite a few new things in the plugin such as programs and HVAC units. Let me know if you have any issues.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Hi Tom,

I am getting a temperature reading in HS now. The issue was I had to name the Thermostat device the same name as my device in order to get proper polling.

Does this mean that everything else should work now? is there anything else I need to check?

Also, what is the difference between the Thermostat listed devices and the HVAC listed devices (which have reset buttons)?

Lastly, I am also using the Poll Thermostat Recurring Event which is done every 2 mins. Right now the temp shows 71 but the last change column hasn't changed in awhile. Does this mean the last change column in HS for the temp will it only change if the temp changes even though the polling is done every 2 mins?

Let me know
            Thanks
            Last edited by Raven_; May 13, 2011, 09:50 AM. Reason: updated info

Comment

Hi Tom,

Would it be possible to put the buttons under each other instead of all on the same line? thanks

Comment

(see responses below)

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
                Hi Tom,

I am getting a temperature reading in HS now. The issue was I had to name the Thermostat device the same name as my device in order to get proper polling.

I'm not positive what you mean by this. There is a thermostat name that you configure in the config page. You can rename you individual devices such as heat and cool setpoint, etc. to whatever you want. There is a root device that does need to be named the same, but that is only required in limited situations where you want to, for example, use the generic HS touch thermostat screen.

Does this mean that everything else should work now? is there anything else I need to check?

Are you getting all of your thermostat devices populated?

Also, what is the difference between the Thermostat listed devices and the HVAC listed devices (which have reset buttons)?

Lastly, I am also using the Poll Thermostat Recurring Event which is done every 2 mins. Right now the temp shows 71 but the last change column hasn't changed in awhile. Does this mean the last change column in HS for the temp will it only change if the temp changes even though the polling is done every 2 mins?

Yes, the last time does not update on each poll -- Only if the value actually changes. I don't think you should need to poll every two minutes. You may just want to poll less often just in case. However, if you have the links setup, the thermostat will communicative any changes as they are made.

Let me know
                Thanks
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

(see responses below)
                  Hi Tom,

I did more tests and its looking good.

Can you explain to me the difference between the Thermostat listed devices and the HVAC listed devices (which have reset buttons)?

Would I need to use the HVAC reset buttons?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Tom,

Would it be possible to put the buttons under each other instead of all on the same line? thanks

Raven,

It would be better if you would post your questions and comments in the dedicated forum for the plugin. That is here...

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1092

As to your question, I don't have a problem with doing this. (I believe that I can control this) I would suggest perhaps splitting them onto 2-3 rows.
                    Otherwise it will use too much vertical real estate on the page. I think that most people would not like their thermostat mode device taking up 9 rows.
                    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                    Web Site
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Raven,

It would be better if you would post your questions and comments in the dedicated for for the plugin. That is here...

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1092

As to your question, I don't have a problem with doing this. (I believe that I can control this) I would suggest perhaps splitting them onto 2-3 rows.
                      Otherwise it will use too much vertical real estate on the page. I think that most people would not like their thermostat mode device taking up 9 rows.
                      Thanks Tom I posted in your Sage Plugin Suggestion thread

Comment

Hi Tom,

I did more tests and its looking good.

Can you explain to me the difference between the Thermostat listed devices and the HVAC listed devices (which have reset buttons)?

Would I need to use the HVAC reset buttons?

Thanks
                        I designed with folks that may have more than one thermostat connected to a single HVAC unit (i.e. furnace) The device marked as thermostat devices relate to that particular thermostat. HVAC devices show status of the furnace. (I.e. did one of the thermostats turn on heat or cool) If you would have two thermostats connected to one HVAC unit, you would see two sets of thermostat devices, but only one set of HVAC devices.

The relationship of the thermostat device to the HVAC unit is done on the thermostat config page. There is a drop-down there that you can indicate which HVAC unit that thermostat is controlling.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

I designed with folks that may have more than one thermostat connected to a single HVAC unit (i.e. furnace) The device marked as thermostat devices relate to that particular thermostat. HVAC devices show status of the furnace. (I.e. did one of the thermostats turn on heat or cool) If you would have two thermostats connected to one HVAC unit, you would see two sets of thermostat devices, but only one set of HVAC devices.

The relationship of the thermostat device to the HVAC unit is done on the thermostat config page. There is a drop-down there that you can indicate which HVAC unit that thermostat is controlling.
                          ok thanks. Yes the thermostat does/can turn on heat or cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X