X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.03 Issues - Delay?

Jon,

First, I would like to thank you for your efforts on this plug-in. It was easy to setup and it's great to finally have INSTEON support in HS. I currently have about 22 INSTEON devices setup in HS and will be adding more shortly. I've run into a few issues:

1) I don't get that "instant" response I've come to expect from INSTEON devices. I notice a delay when turning on/off a light similar to the old X10 delays.

2) If I attempt to turn on/off lights in succession, it will cause a major delay in response time. Sometimes the second or third device doesn't even respond.

3) My SwitchLink relay's always poll at 80% ON even though they are physically off.

Any thoughts? I hope some of these are just user error.

Nobody else is having these issues? I'm starting to think it may be related to the MLHSPlugin.

Comment

Sorry about the lack of response... there is another thread about the 1-2 second response time of the SDM. The plug-in is sending the commands as fast as the SDM will take them. Hopefully as the SDM matures this will get much better.

As far as your relays reporting 80% on, if you would set logging to detailed and poll a relay in the ON And OFF state I would like to see what the response from the SDM is. I don't have one here to test myself.

PS: There is a newer version of the plug-in posted that fixes a number of other issues.

Jon

Originally posted by AccessX10
      Nobody else is having these issues? I'm starting to think it may be related to the MLHSPlugin.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the response. I must have missed the thread discussing the delay issue, so thanks for pointing that out.

I think the latest release solves the 80% issue on the relays but I'll do some additional testing tonight.

Comment

Working...
        X