Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, .278 seems to be the version that is being distributed with your latest plugin.

I personally have never seen .289 and I just tried redownloading the 2.16 plugin, uninstalling the SDM, and re-installing with the SDM that was downloaded. Still .278.

Jim H.

Comment

Hrm, maybe the updater package went backwards.

I'll have to check with Rick. He actually puts the package together.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
      Jon, .278 seems to be the version that is being distributed with your latest plugin.

I personally have never seen .289 and I just tried redownloading the 2.16 plugin, uninstalling the SDM, and re-installing with the SDM that was downloaded. Still .278.

Jim H.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

122.278 is the correct version. I just re-tested the various releases. There is a newer version that is only in testing right now. I verified that .278 works correctly and is the version in the updater. Sorry about that.

Jon

Originally posted by Oman
        Hrm, maybe the updater package went backwards.

I'll have to check with Rick. He actually puts the package together.

Jon
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon,
          No matter what i do i still get version .278 (including removal and installation)
          any other ideas.?

Thanks

Comment

.278 is fine for an SDM version. There was a bug of a mix-up there. What I need is the plug-in log. You get this by using the "Generate Support Log File" option in the plug-in main configuration page. It will create a file in you HomeSeer/Config directory with the information needed to diagnose the problem.

M-control does not do 2-way communication with devices. It is possible that commands are getting to the device but not coming back. The plug-in does needs full 2-way integration. The log will tell us what is going on.

Jon

Originally posted by quietcoolone
            Thanks for the tip-- i did the update and again no progress with the installation of the PLC-- here is the error message:

Insteon Plug-in Configuration - BETA VERSION 0.0.2.16

The Insteon device at 00.D2.68 did not respond. Please check to make sure the address is correct and that the device is powered-up. The device was not registered.

Here is a copy of the SDM log (which by the way still shows version .278 instead of .289 which jon suggest will fix this problem)
            I'm not going to give up on this just yet but i thought it would be easier .
            Thanks

ui:IsResponding=
            uifinished:IsResponding=
            downloadTimer started
            timerActivate enabled
            UI:ConnectedAndReady
            SDMM=active,1.01.122.278,11/11/2006 6:53:21 AM,responded,00.D2.68,2.12
            starttime=00:10
            PLC:addid=True,00.D2.68
            ui:SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 00 D2 68 00 10 00
            si:00 00 00 00 D2 68 00 10 00
            PLC:sendinsteonraw=True
            uifinished:SendInsteonRaw=00 00 00 00 D2 68 00 10 00
            PLC:eventraw=03
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Insteon Plug-in Configuration - BETA VERSION 0.0.2.16 A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'INSTEON Error report.log'. Please email it to technical support or post it to the HomeSeer Insteon support forums as requested.

went to the log file to find it at 0bytes...
              After a few tries HS events logs reads (in red)

11/11/2006 3:35:44 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
              11/11/2006 3:35:44 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
              11/11/2006 3:38:05 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
              11/11/2006 3:38:05 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
              11/11/2006 3:40:49 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
              11/11/2006 3:40:49 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

Comment

If the log file is 0 bytes then you have a serious problem somewhere along the line. Are you out of disk space? HomeSeer & it's plug-ins have to have write access to the config directory under HomeSeer. That could be your problem right there.

Jon

Insteon Plug-in Configuration - BETA VERSION 0.0.2.16 A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'INSTEON Error report.log'. Please email it to technical support or post it to the HomeSeer Insteon support forums as requested.

went to the log file to find it at 0bytes...
                After a few tries HS events logs reads (in red)

11/11/2006 3:35:44 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
                11/11/2006 3:35:44 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                11/11/2006 3:38:05 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
                11/11/2006 3:38:05 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                11/11/2006 3:40:49 PM - Insteon - ***:Forced error / log generation
                11/11/2006 3:40:49 PM - Insteon - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I have 54.3G free on this drive. so its not a HD issue.

Comment

I can't realy offer any additional help at this point. The generate log function opens a new file and dumps some text out. If that isn't working then nothing else will because the config directory contains all of the control files that are needed to work properly. There could be a problem with the .NET libs, permissions on the directory, permissions on the files, etc. but I can't do much from here. I would work directly on getting a log file. Once you get that figured out the other stuff might start working.

Jon

I have 54.3G free on this drive. so its not a HD issue.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I will install HS on another computer and post the results here..
                      Thanks you much

Comment

I will install HS on another computer and post the results here..
                        Thanks you much
                        \

Installed on another computer with same results..
                        The error report file has no entries (empty).
                        by the way i have admin rights on both computers.

Comment

I'm stumped. No one else has ever reported anything like that. Are you willing to do an RDP session?

Jon

\

Installed on another computer with same results..
                          The error report file has no entries (empty).
                          by the way i have admin rights on both computers.
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

sure. lets set it up for tomorrow (sunday).. aprox. how long will that take?

Comment

jon are you out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X