Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I've just looked at the client and there is a bug with the hibernation code. I'll rectify that soon.
    Jon

Comment

Try the attached client as a replacement which should solve the hibernation issue.

Edit: Client removed - Now available for download.
      Last edited by jon00; February 13, 2011, 04:36 PM.
      Jon

Comment

it works like a champ!!!

Thanks, John!

One thing... the client on the XP boxes seem to stay enabled when you double click on the tray icon (this is a good thing) but, on Win 7 x64, a doube click exits the client and crashes with a Windows window saying that the Jonxxx program has stopped responding and has to close.

Also, is it safe to rename the location and floor from withing the HS web gui or this hardcoded somewhere in your plug?
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I do not have a Win 7 x64 so will be difficult to test. Why not just hide the tray icon from within settings.txt?

Yes of course you can rename them from the Web GUI.
          Jon

Comment

Cool! I just did not want to mess up any automation since the devices are setup by the plug. Thank you!

On the tray thing, I was just letting you know. I hide my installations once they go to the production environment.
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I've now updated the download to V1.01:

Added optional IP watch list to the client for security.
              Corrected bug in hibernation routine.
              Updated the documentation.
              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Would this do complete network monitoring, Say.

Device 1 = Internet. (website ping maybe)
                Device 2 = Cable Modem
                Device 3 = Router
                Device 4 = Wifi Router
                Device 5 to n internal network stuff, say PC's etc etc

Thought i'd ask before i dive in head first :-)

Comment

Yes, that is fine!
                  Jon

Comment

Rather than just relying on one Internet site, it may be better to check 2 or 3 sites and then only trigger a Internet failure if all show offline.
                    Jon

Comment

Good idea, i'll give it a go.

cheers for the quick reply.

Comment

Wol

I can't seem to get WOL working. I put the MAC in the config and deleted and had it recreate the devices but when I click on the WOL button I get the following in the log:

2/10/2011 10:43:04 AM Jon00_RCCNM Error in wol function: (No such host is known)
                        2/10/2011 10:43:04 AM Jon00_RCCNM Error in main function: (Object variable or With block variable not set.)

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Dan,

What are you having problems with..hibernation?
                          Yes, I think. When I run the Powerdown program, and my system hibernates, the front Light turns off, the mouse turns off, and all the LEDS on the keyboard turn off.

When I put my machine into sleep, the mouse turns off, keyboard turns off, but the system LED flashes.

When I do it from your program, it behaves more like what I described for sleep. Again, I need to spend some time to confirm this. Don't waste your time on it until I can make sure I didn't goof it up. Still catching up from a work trip...so I have not had time to play with it to make sure I am sending all the proper commands, etc.

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I see, you might have fixed this already...

I'll update and test.

One thing I did notice, windows 7 is an incredibly large PITA when it comes to giving permissions to programs.

I have to take a few "extra" steps to get it to allow keyboard key strokes to get passed. I've YET to get it to run a program remotely. I'd prefer to NOT disable UAC...but I BET that is what is causing the issue. Oh well...

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb View Post
                              I can't seem to get WOL working. I put the MAC in the config and deleted and had it recreate the devices but when I click on the WOL button I get the following in the log:

2/10/2011 10:43:04 AM Jon00_RCCNM Error in wol function: (No such host is known)
                              2/10/2011 10:43:04 AM Jon00_RCCNM Error in main function: (Object variable or With block variable not set.)

Any ideas?
                              Did you enter the IPAddress and SubnetMask entries?
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                                I see, you might have fixed this already...

I'll update and test.

One thing I did notice, windows 7 is an incredibly large PITA when it comes to giving permissions to programs.

I have to take a few "extra" steps to get it to allow keyboard key strokes to get passed. I've YET to get it to run a program remotely. I'd prefer to NOT disable UAC...but I BET that is what is causing the issue. Oh well...

--Dan
                                UAC - That's the PITA - it gets turn off immediately on all my W7 machines!
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X