Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it moved and selected an icon when I changed the command to 2 clicks - weird

Comment

This must be a tablet issue. Can you use something like suspend?
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        This must be a tablet issue. Can you use something like suspend?
        I'll have more of an experiment tonight seeing what other commands I can use. If I suspend though, not sure how I will wake it again remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
          I'll have more of an experiment tonight seeing what other commands I can use. If I suspend though, not sure how I will wake it again remotely.

Wake On LAN.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            Wake On LAN.
            mmm, it's a wireless tablet. I'll have a look for options in BIOS but I don't hope out much hope it supports WoWLAN.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
              mmm, it's a wireless tablet. I'll have a look for options in BIOS but I don't hope out much hope it supports WoWLAN.
              Thanks.

Ahhh yes. Good point. As far as WOL goes you're probably hosed.

Comment

I tried the ssaveron/ssaveroff command on a client running on a desktop PC with Win 8.1 and it behaves the same way as the tablet. That is, the screen saver is never turned off. So at least it seems to be particular to Win 8.1.

Jon, what mechanism do you use for accessing the screensaver by the client? I can have a look around for differences with windows 8.1

Comment

Looking at the code, I use a sendkey 'Escape' command.
                  Jon

Comment

I have been doing a lot of experimenting, and stumbled on Autohotkeys utility. This is quite powerful and provides a scripting facility which allows you to send wm_syscommand messages to the windows api. I got to the point where I thought I had cracked it, allowing me to disable the screensaver. But whatever way I configure to run it, either by a hotkey or a precompiled script, when I try to execute it via the Jon00client it doesn't get executed when the screensaver is active. This does seem specific to Windows 8, with it's screensaver behaving differently to previous versions of windows. Close but a dead end now.

So the next best solution I found it to use the 'changebrightness' option within nircmd. The screen can be dimmed to almost completely dark and brightened to full brightness by using the Jon00client 'run' command. So I am happy with this now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Just a small update on my disappearing voip box issue. I pinged the device from my desktop using ping -t and let it run for something like 10 minutes and it didn't take the box offline. So it's gotta be something else. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but I just want to be clear. All the network intrusion script does is ping?

Comment

Error in updateVD subroutine Block 2

I've been meaning to post this for a while now...

The logs are getting flooded with this error.
                        Attached Files
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but I just want to be clear. All the network intrusion script does is ping?
                          Yes, nothing less....nothing more.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                            I've been meaning to post this for a while now...

The logs are getting flooded with this error.
                            What version of HS3 are you running?
                            Jon

Comment

Yes, nothing less....nothing more.
                              Nutty. Is there a way I can simulate it's behavior from my desktop so I can find at what point it breaks the device?

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running?

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.187 (Windows)
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X