Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.3 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you seeing the x10 interface initialized in the hs log when hs starts up
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

Yes, the X10 appears to be loading.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/18/2011 6:22:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Finished initializing plug-in Insteon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/18/2011 6:22:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing X10 Plug-in: Insteon On COM Port 14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/18/2011 6:22:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing Plug-in: Insteon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/18/2011 6:22:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Finished initializing X10 interface Insteon</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      KeithH

Comment

Keith, can you rollback to the previous plugin ver you had installed and see if x10 works again

i know i had some x10 changes in 1.5.3 so maybe i broke something
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

I rolled back to the older revison and it still didn't work, so I started looking elsewhere. The FilterLinc 1626-10 was removed that was recently added to help with the PLM dropouts and it cleared the problem. Very odd, it worked for a few days and about the time I upgraded to 1.5.3, the problems started. If I get a chance, I will sweep it with a specturm analyzer and see what gives. Sorry for goose chase, seen any of these go bad?

Thanks

KeithH

Comment

Originally posted by khyatt View Post
            Mark

I rolled back to the older revison and it still didn't work, so I started looking elsewhere. The FilterLinc 1626-10 was removed that was recently added to help with the PLM dropouts and it cleared the problem. Very odd, it worked for a few days and about the time I upgraded to 1.5.3, the problems started. If I get a chance, I will sweep it with a specturm analyzer and see what gives. Sorry for goose chase, seen any of these go bad?

Thanks

KeithH
            I had an x10 brand filter go bad, but i think it was because the kids physically damaged it. And i did blow a 5w filter once by overloading it. That said, all the others that i have installed for 2-4 yrs are still working fine.

so what is the working combination now? v1.5.3 and no filterlinc
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, 1.5.3 without filter is working, again, sorry for the trouble. I assume these filters are passive and not active, but will find out.

Thanks again

keithH

Comment

How, or where is the Interface Crashes trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
                  How, or where is the Interface Crashes trigger?
                  its under the Insteon special triggers. select the plm/rf plm interface and then Interface Crashes from the next list
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank You

Thank you. Upgraded to 1.5.3. yesterday. Seemed fine until I got home today and the system had locked up. Rebooted and working fine now.

Comment

Thank you. Upgraded to 1.5.3. yesterday. Seemed fine until I got home today and the system had locked up. Rebooted and working fine now.
                      when you say locked up what do you mean specifically? Can you give me some more details or a log snippet of any errors generated
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Lockup

Came home to a lot of lights on that should have been off. Looked at HomeSeer and everything that had attempted to run was a black button that says something to indicate unknown.

I updated the driver for port 6 (HomeSeer) and since then no connection to HomeSeer whatsoever. The port no longer exists.

Tried other ports - no luck.

Comment

Came home to a lot of lights on that should have been off. Looked at HomeSeer and everything that had attempted to run was a black button that says something to indicate unknown.

I updated the driver for port 6 (HomeSeer) and since then no connection to HomeSeer whatsoever. The port no longer exists.

Tried other ports - no luck.
                          the port number shouldn't have changed from a driver update. do any ports show up in the device manager under Ports?

maybe its time to run ftclean.exe utility from the ftdi chipset site. check it out.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ports

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the delay. Yes. Ports 1 - 5 and 7 are present. Only 6 - the one that was used by HomeSeer vanished.

Comment

did you try unplugging the usb cable from the computer and reconnecting. also a reboot might help
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Update

Disconnected USB cable, rebooted, Com port 6 still MIA but it looks like the system is coming up on port 7. Interestingly, USB Serial Port (COM7) is FTDI 2.8.2 which i don't believe it was before.

I am able to control things from the computer. Log only shows one line - last event.

Still checking things out.

Progress. At least I have the Insteon Configuration button showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X