This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartLinc Controller (#2412N)

I am thinking of purchasing Homeseer but I have currently started my Insteon installation using the SmartLinc controller. I would not like to have to purchase a different controller after only a few weeks with this one ...

My question is: Will you be able to support the SmartLinc Controller for use as a controller for the Homeseer HS2 software anytime soon!?

Can you supply any indication of a timeframe if you do plan this support?

Thanks for any info you can give ...

I don't have any plans for supporting the 2412N. I've never seen a programmers guide or others docs on the Device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok ...
      I had seen some information about the SmartLinc being close to the other Insteon controllers so I was holding out some hope ...

https://www.shiononline.com/2011/01/...ted-ports-ftw/

There was also mention on the Smarthome forums about users 'talking' to the controller using python, perl, ruby and even javascript.

http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7722

Comment

I know you have done outstanding work with the PLC and PLM plugin, but both of those methods of communication with the PC are going to disappear fairly quickly. An IP-based communication scheme has enormous advantages and zero disadvantages, other than that it is new.

Imagine, for example, that you will have zero configuration problems installing the plugin. No SDM, no COM ports, no virtual port software - just straight IP communications.

Consider also that the 2412N would allow users to have more than one interface to the powerline, each individually addressable. So imagine that the distant area in the house which has always been a bit unreliable can now be dealt with by having its own 2412N installed nearby (and driven by a Wifi signal, which is much more reliable).

Having said all of this - I can't imagine your plugin work is very profitable, I'm sure it is a labor of love. And we appreciate it. But it sure would be great to have a plugin that drives the 2412N...

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
          I know you have done outstanding work with the PLC and PLM plugin, but both of those methods of communication with the PC are going to disappear fairly quickly. An IP-based communication scheme has enormous advantages and zero disadvantages, other than that it is new.

Imagine, for example, that you will have zero configuration problems installing the plugin. No SDM, no COM ports, no virtual port software - just straight IP communications.

Consider also that the 2412N would allow users to have more than one interface to the powerline, each individually addressable. So imagine that the distant area in the house which has always been a bit unreliable can now be dealt with by having its own 2412N installed nearby (and driven by a Wifi signal, which is much more reliable).

Having said all of this - I can't imagine your plugin work is very profitable, I'm sure it is a labor of love. And we appreciate it. But it sure would be great to have a plugin that drives the 2412N...
          Here is the basic problem with the 2412N and my plugin...Smarthome is not going to release the developer's guide to this device; I've asked. So I have no way of knowing what is going on inside the device (inputs, outputs, cmd set, etc). And trying to reverse engineer this info based on trial and error is not in my future. Sorry.

I haven't heard of any plans from Smarthome to release an IP based PLM. But if they do, I will have access to one as a Beta tester and developer.

thanks
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X