This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5.5.0 Plug-In Annoyances/Problems

Several weeks ago I updated to the latest-n-greatest Insteon Plug-in. Since then, I've seen three recurring issues.

1) None of my Insteon Triggers work (two each 2450 on/off triggers).
    2) I have a 1-minute recurring script which checks the status of my garage doors and either turns on or off a light. Several times each day (3-10...haven't counted) the light will turn on for a minute then back off. The door has been closed for hours when this happens.
    3) The biggest annoyance is that I now periodically (3-4 times/week) get an HS error about a long-running script. My only recourse is to shut down and restart HS. I only have a minimal number of scripts; the aforementioned garage door monitor and one which checks DeviceLastChange time of a few motion sensors to decide if my dogs are home. None of which should run more than 1 second at most. Of course, the error message doesn't say which script is running. I attribute this to the plug-in as it only started after I upgraded my plug-in.

Does any of this sound familiar? Any thoughts?

I have my keypads polled, and every great once in a while, a button that is off is reported as on until the next poll. I assume that it is some kind of bit error due to noise.
    I wonder if the polls couldn't be repeated and not change device status unless both polls return the same value. Alternately, is there some other error checking/correcting that could be done?

Comment

Madmellon,

Can you try the build on the following thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=42

Also, can you post the script that is timing out

I haven't seen anyone else report these issues so this may require some work to resolve
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Madmellon

You could put a hs.write log in your scripts to help debug which is running. I created a virtual hs device to turn on my own debugging within scripts. I think there is a hs debug mode you can set as well
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Scripts and Logs

Mark,

Sorry to take so long to reply. Also, I'm unable to build on the other thread.

I placed debug lines in the scripts, which seemed to work correctly even after the message appeared -- see attached log and scripts. Note the Insteon errors in the log, which begin about the same time as the "long running" script message appears on the console.

My "Previous Threads" all appear to have stopped correctly and my "Active Threads" don't contain anything which raises eyebrows -- but I can't say that I know what they should look like.

I stopped the weather_xml script to remove it from consideration.

I'm considering reverting to the previous plug-in, but really don't want to have to remember all of the places I use those devices.
          Attached Files

Comment

so did you try 1.5.5.10 from the other thread? same result?

what is device 15 93 D4? can you control it from the hs status page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

More details

Mark,

I found that I was using another script -- which is causing the problem -- which executes an hs.polldevice of an 2450 input sensor. I finally saw a log entry showing that it was exceeding the time (didn't show up unless right-clicked the icon in the lower right).

That script was being triggered by a motion sensor -- which was causing a rerun before the first has a chance to finish. Maybe there's a reentry condition in the driver, maybe it's a no-should-do with HS. Anyway, I've changed that script to not run but once every 15 seconds.

15.93.D4 is an OutletLinc...don't know why it's showing the problem.

I'll also give the 1.5.5.10 a shot and let you know.

Thanks

Rick

Comment

glad you figured out the issue. I like your work around/solution. The errors with the outletlinc will be reduced in the next release. these errors are related to the plm rather than an issue with the device itself.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X