• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks fine!
    Jon

Comment

This has not crashed since.

unsure if it was the Sensor with no OID or changing the time to 300 seconds (5 mins).

For now i have other development to look at for the webpage so will re-visit this later.

Many Thanks

Comment

It may be your other monitoring software is causing the issue with a race condition. There is a potential that both could be trying to access the same port at the same time... just a thought.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          It may be your other monitoring software is causing the issue with a race condition. There is a potential that both could be trying to access the same port at the same time... just a thought.
          Its a thought however not possible as far as i have ever seen*, the TCP layer doesnt contend with this, Windows 7 will allow up to 20 active connections, it doesnt matter what ports (or protocol (TCP / UDP / ICMP etc)), When hosting external high volume webservers on home user systems (Windows XP / Vista / 7) you generally will get grid locking and it will give up and stop responding, this is by design from Microsoft to stop you using a home system as a server, its all part of the "sliding windows" layer internall. (high volume would be over 10000 connections a day, normally 20Gb a month of pure webserver traffic, you get enough that people will bump into each other on the TCP connection layer, it goes past 20 active connections so that next active connection never gets a confirmation (time out on the initiating t-sync))

All the above is negated as i still see the details in the monitoring and probe software (even once HS has failed to pull them). The answer is as basic as it looks. its HomeSeer in some fashion.

The fact it was displaying at least 1 sensor and not others says the PC (in this case) was still answering so it wont be any of the above TCP layer issue...... I may investigate further directly with HS to see if i can get some internal logging for this type of issue.

However at least for now i have enough infor to move forward with some webpage layouts and then re-visit the event log pulling.

I also need to check on an SNMP standard to see if there are rules laid out about how often to pull details (most will be 5 mins, some will be every minute). I am also moving away from promise RIAD controllers to a more industry standard LSI (Intel and lenovo use them). I will update here as i find more details.

Many Thanks

* The side line to this is the RAID card itself, i dont know (and would be VERY difficult to find out) if that has issues passing its SNMP info the Windows, problem is some of the Windows SNMP info was failing as well so washes that idea.
          Last edited by SFX Group; August 25, 2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Your a marvel Jon,

Just downloaded your SNMP monitoring package and have it all set up with my DD-WRT router showing me the PPPOE data in and out, as well as WLAN and LAN traffic.

Now I have to work out some of the other OID's (my machines are windows 7 / 10 so the getif is not too easy to use) but the package itself is another great addition to get an idea how everything is functioning!

Once again, thanks for all the Great work Jon!
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Thanks Travis.

As the DD-WRT router is fairly common, would you mind posting your config?

I trust the little one is not a handful!
              Jon

Comment

Would be happy to, in my setup which uses PPPOE for the internet my interface is br0 (which is interface 3), it may differ for others but if you can find out your interface using the tool Jon00 suggested then you just need to replace the 3 of sensor 2 and 3 which your interface, note you could also replace it with the interface for WLAN and it will work, but it should be noted that the DDWRT system cannot measure switched traffic, only routed traffic (e.g. WLAN --> LAN, LAN --> WAN).

The little ne (2. yr old) is doing very well, setting up her new room as we speak, the littler one is due in End November (25th) so not long at all!

[Sensor1]
                Name=Gateway_CPU_Load(5Mins)
                HostIP=192.168.46.1
                OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3.2
                SNMPVer=1
                Timer=4
                Converter=
                Divider=
                DecPlaces=
                UseDiff=
                Prefix=
                Suffix=

[Sensor2]
                Name=Gateway_WAN_TrafficIn
                HostIP=192.168.46.1
                OID=1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.3
                SNMPVer=1
                Timer=1
                Converter=
                Divider=655360
                DecPlaces=2
                UseDiff=1
                Prefix=
                Suffix= Kbps

[Sensor3]
                Name=Gateway_WAN_TrafficOut
                HostIP=192.168.46.1
                OID=1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.3
                SNMPVer=1
                Timer=1
                Converter=
                Divider=655360
                DecPlaces=2
                UseDiff=1
                Prefix=
                Suffix= Kbps
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hey, I am trying to download this plugin however when I click downloads on your page I get an application error.

Comment

I've just tried it with Firefox and Chrome and both have no problem downloading from my site. Please try another browser if you can.
                    Jon

Comment

Hello,

I saw that to.
                      something like a xml error

now its working again

Ed

Comment

??? Value

I'm hoping to use this plugin to monitor DHCP leases on my network. The OID for each lease includes the IP address (i.e. OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.2.1.6.1.1.192.168.1.100 for 192.168.1.100). The OID returns no value if there is no lease for that IP, so it shows up in HS3 as string "???". If there is a lease for that IP address, the string equals the hostname for the lease.

How can I translate this into device values of 0 for no lease and 1 for lease so I can trigger events on changes? I've tried multiple combinations similar to

ReplaceDV='';1|???;0
                        ReplaceDV='';0|'???';0

I'm assuming that one or the other will take precedence if they both match but I'm not sure about that. Is there a way to make this happen? (Better yet, I'd love to basically SNMPwalk OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.2.1.6.1.1 and have it create a device for every returned result including the IP address and hostname) and remove the devices when the leases expire... though that might cause issues with creating events (I'm assuming I'd have to script the events anyway).

Comment

Try this:

ReplaceDS=Null;0|<hostname here>;1
                          ReplaceDV=Null;0|<hostname here>;1
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. What if the host name changes?

Comment

Do you have hostnames that all contain the same character?
                              Jon

Comment

Sadly no, I thought of that. (Just use 'a';1 if they all contain an a). Unfortunately I don't necessarily have control over the hostnames either since this includes my guest network.

Comment

Working...
                                X