Anyone use the Kwikset Kevo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use the Kwikset Kevo

So I am looking at the Kwikset Kevo Version2. Seems like it would be a good choice for the family.

But I havent be able to figure out if this will be able to work with HS.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks

Has anyone tried this yet? I am looking at my locks as I rebuild my home and was considering the Kevo.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Kevo

I have two of the Kevo lock sets........

I am pretty disappointed with their performance. They are very spotty in recognizing any cell phone granted access to them..

They need constant re calibration to function.

Devoir

Comment

kwickset

Note I have a kwikset lock that is a touch pad only and it is awesome and always works ...(as long as the battery is hot)....

This version I can recommend

Devoir

Comment

I agree, the Kevo is hit or miss. I have version 1, not sure if version 2 works any better. We are an iPhone family and I recently upgraded to the iPhone 8+. Since upgrading the Kevo has failed to open only twice. For everyone else with iPhone 6s or 7, they are less than 50% success.

Comment

Kevo Plus

I just upgraded to the Kevo Plus recently (version 2). I have an iPhone X and my girlfriend has an iPhone 7 Plus. It is early yet, and I will update this post if the situation changes, but both have worked flawlessly with the lock so far. I hope I am not jinxing it by saying so.

I also added a Kevo Plus so I could lock and unlock the door from anywhere as well as with our Amazon Echos. This has worked very well so far also.

What I cannot do at the moment is integrate this into HomeSeer. I have spent a couple of hours trying to turn this (https://github.com/cseelye/pykevoplus) into a HomeSeer VB.net script, but so far I've not had a lot of luck (I was pretty handy with VB6 back in the day, but alas the world has moved on and I unfortunately have not). It's not "official" but I was wondering if perhaps someone would want to take a crack at creating a script or even a plugin with this?

Comment

I have a basic Kevo Plus plugin working and am planning to release it shortly. Let me know if you'd be willing to help test.

Comment

Originally posted by pkdotnet View Post
                I have a basic Kevo Plus plugin working and am planning to release it shortly. Let me know if you'd be willing to help test.
                I'd love to help test this for you. I'd like to integrate the door locks into the nighttime routine that runs.
                Thanks for working on this.

Comment

Originally posted by pkdotnet View Post
                  Great news! Apologiies for the delay; I just returned home from vacation. Very happy and eager to help test this for you. Many thanks for developing it!

Comment

I am returning from vacation as well... It will be a couple of days for me to get back and package it up. Thanks for being willing to help - I'll let you know when it's ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates here? I'm trying to decide on what locks I should put in a new home being built.

thanks
                      mike

Comment

I've been keeping my eye on the kevo. I currently have a zwave kwikset with a keypad.

My biggest concern with kevo is the lack of the keypad backup.
                        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                        Number of Devices: 1005
                        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
                          I've been keeping my eye on the kevo. I currently have a zwave kwikset with a keypad.

My biggest concern with kevo is the lack of the keypad backup.
                          This didn't factor into my buying decision, but my existing doorlocks were Kwikset compatible. As a result I was able to easily re-key the Kevo doorlock to match my existing key. Several years ago I installed a hidden lockbox for a spare key, so I use that as my backup, as the lock will work just fine as a regular keyed doorlock if for some reason the automated part fails.

Comment

For anybody still interested - AKHomeAssistant plugin supports Kevo HA integration. I didn't want to create a dedicated Kevo HS plugin - the HA integration uses "unofficial" implementation and often it's a waste of time.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ickset-support

Comment

Working...
                            X