No announcement yet.

Database Charting Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the updates, and the chart did not change. Do I need to edit anything else in this section?
    Attached Files

Comment

Please confirm you are setting the correct Chartstyle for the chart you have created.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Seizing the opportunity, sorry tome10, but while i was looking for my ini files, to help tome10, i realize that Jon00IniEditor.aspx don't work anymore.

This is happen since i upgrade my HS3Pro to the last version (416), post today. I'm still checking more bugs, but this is the one i visualize immediately. I still prefer the ini file settings instead of the web solution

So, i don't know if you can help...

Comment

416 has broken all .aspx web pages so there is not much I can do unless it is fixed.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            416 has broken all .aspx web pages so there is not much I can do unless it is fixed.
            Thanks Jon,

I see now that Rich upload a new version that resolve the issue, but will wait because the new license issues

Comment

I was slightly confused by the chart creation process, but i'm getting it together.
              I understand there is a way to offset temperature readings? How do you accomplish this?

Comment

There is no method to offset data values. I believe you saw that functionality in my Virtual device graphing utility.
                Jon

Comment

As Homer Simpson would say: Doh!
                  The Sensors i'm using; Everspring ST814 apparently can't be adjusted natively. The Aeon Labs Multi-Sensor 6, can be, but apparently it's slightly complicated. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                    As Homer Simpson would say: Doh!
                    The Sensors i'm using; Everspring ST814 apparently can't be adjusted natively. The Aeon Labs Multi-Sensor 6, can be, but apparently it's slightly complicated. Thanks for the heads up.
                    The Aeotec multisensor temperature is actually very easy to calibrate, though one of mine was a little nonlinear.

A value can be set in parameter 201. the range is -100 to 100 and it is a one byte field. The temperature can be adjusted up or down by 10 degrees. Entering a value into parameter 201 adds that value/10 to the temperature. If you want to increase the reading by 1 degree set parameter 201 to 10 or if you want to decrease it by 1 degree set parameter 201 to -10.

I attached the engineering spec sheet for the multisensor 6, which has the parameters.
                    Attached Files
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I read a post that said to use an Excel Spreadsheet to get the Hex Parameter, and enter that somewhere. Your way doesn't sound too bad. So what if it's .8 deg low? You can only adjust by 1 deg increments?

Comment

Jon, before I forget for the 100th time, I see your HS3 Links plugin, I don't think it can do this, but i figure I'd ask anyways. Device Manager. How to tame the beast? The room checkbox thing is cumbersome. Is there a way to use your link plugin and have all the rooms as links? I never thought much about the device manager, until viewing the charts, and the list is so long you have to narrow it down. I'm just thinking some way to select the room you want to work in. No unchecking all, and then selecting the Charting and Graphing. Just a thought. Randy, I remember a post where you have a lot of Events. You have to have a staggering node count, what do you do? Just the normal checkbox thing?

Comment

I read a post that said to use an Excel Spreadsheet to get the Hex Parameter, and enter that somewhere. Your way doesn't sound too bad. So what if it's .8 deg low? You can only adjust by 1 deg increments?
                          No. As I wrote you can increase or decrease the temperature by 1/10 degree. If you enter 8 into parameter 201, the sensor reading will increase by 8/10 degree. If you enter -8 it will decrease the reading by 8/10 degree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1195561
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok, I think I have it. Hold my beer.. lol

Comment

Jon, before I forget for the 100th time, I see your HS3 Links plugin, I don't think it can do this, but i figure I'd ask anyways. Device Manager. How to tame the beast? The room checkbox thing is cumbersome. Is there a way to use your link plugin and have all the rooms as links? I never thought much about the device manager, until viewing the charts, and the list is so long you have to narrow it down. I'm just thinking some way to select the room you want to work in. No unchecking all, and then selecting the Charting and Graphing. Just a thought.
                              That is not possible. You may be better off using my Webpage builder to make charting page(s) so you can see them nicely presented.
                              Jon

Comment

Is there a way to reduce the Show Values frequency? I've got rid of the decimal places in hopes it will update only on whole number changes, but I haven't seen the results of that. Matter of a fact, I don't think it's rounding to whole numbers for some reason. But, I don't think the whole number is going to matter as it seems to report in relation to the XAxis grid, I'm looking for only a couple of entries in the middle of the chart. Thoughts?

Edit:
                                1) if the Show Values was tied to the Marker Interval, it would solve the issue. Maybe it's supposed to be linked with the Marker Interval and isn't working correctly?
                                2) I can't seem to get the Plot Order to work. I enter 1,2,5,4,3, and I get an error in the log saying it's invalid. I've tried periods instead of commas, and tried 5,4,3,2,1. but nothing works.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by tome10; March 17, 2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X