Log Monitor - How to turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Monitor - How to turn off

I have the LogMonitor on and have for over a year. I am trying to trouble shoot an issue with my log dropping entries so I need to turn off the log monitor.

It has been so long since I turned it on, I am not sure how to turn it off. Since it is not a plug in but its own exe in the root folder, I was not sure how it was being called to start. I looked in the startup script but it is not called there.

Can I just rename the exe to .old so it does not start up?

Thanks,

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

It should be run via startup.vb but yes you can rename it once it is not running.

I very much doubt it is the cause of your issue as it uses the published HS3 calls to query the log.
    Jon

Comment

I have similar question, but didn't like starting a new thread.
      I created an event which monitors log for errors and sends Pushower notification:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	1275133

As you can see the event is disabled (I'm doing some tests and getting too many errors). But it still runs:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	1275134

Doesn't look right. I suspect it's a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        I created an event which monitors log for errors and sends Pushower notification:

As you can see the event is disabled (I'm doing some tests and getting too many errors). But it still runs:

If I remember correctly disabling an event only disables the trigger. If you call the event from another event or, as in this case, from a script it still runs. HS3 bug or feature🙂
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	1275133

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	1275134

As Steve said!
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            As Steve said!
            I understand, but I don't call the event - the plugin calls it? I'm not sure.

Comment

Yes, the Log Monitor will run the event regardless if it is disabled or not. That is how HST designed it when using the hs.RunEvent scripting command (which Log Monitor uses). Its identical to pressing the run button on the actual event setup screen which will run the event regardless of its disabled status.
              Jon

Comment

Yes, the Log Monitor will run the event regardless if it is disabled or not. That is how HST designed it when using the hs.RunEvent scripting command (which Log Monitor uses). Its identical to pressing the run button on the actual event setup screen which will run the event regardless of its disabled status.
                Pardon my ignorance Jon, but how do I disable it then? Do I remove the exe? I'm not sure how it works...

Comment

For the event to run, you must of configured it in the Jon00HSLogMonitor.ini file. Just remove the entry under the respective EventTrigger=XXXXXXXXXX entry.
                  Jon

Comment

Thank you, found it. But why not make it available through normal HS plugin interface?

Comment

Because it is an unmanged plugin......
                      Jon

Comment

Because it is an unmanged plugin......
                        What do you mean by "unmanged"? Ah, it's old and you are not working on it?

Comment

No, it means it does not have tight integration with HS3 i.e not tied in to the UI. They are simpler to code.
                          Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X