Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZW1001 GE/Jasco receptacle - no factory reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZW1001 GE/Jasco receptacle - no factory reset?

I have a z-wave wall outlet GE/Jasco branded, model no. ZW1001. I had trouble with my network due to a z-wave device going bad, and did a reset of the controller without removing this device. I was able to factory reset my other devices and include them to my new network, but there doesn't seem to be a factory reset for this device. I called Jasco who said there is not a way, and they will just exchange it for a new updated device. Has anyone ran into this issue? Luckily i only have one of these, I can't imagine having to replace a whole house full of outlets in the event a controller goes bad.

Originally posted by weslsew View Post
    I have a z-wave wall outlet GE/Jasco branded, model no. ZW1001. I had trouble with my network due to a z-wave device going bad, and did a reset of the controller without removing this device. I was able to factory reset my other devices and include them to my new network, but there doesn't seem to be a factory reset for this device. I called Jasco who said there is not a way, and they will just exchange it for a new updated device. Has anyone ran into this issue? Luckily i only have one of these, I can't imagine having to replace a whole house full of outlets in the event a controller goes bad.
    You should still be able to exclude it from the controller. It will still reset it. That way you can include it back into the new network. I created a 10 ft extension cord that has connectors on the black, white and ground and that way you can exclude it next to the controller and then re-include it and then it can be re-installed anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      You should still be able to exclude it from the controller. It will still reset it. That way you can include it back into the new network. I created a 10 ft extension cord that has connectors on the black, white and ground and that way you can exclude it next to the controller and then re-include it and then it can be re-installed anywhere.
      you can exclude it from a network that it isn't a part of? I did try that but nothing happened

Comment

you can exclude it from a network that it isn't a part of? I did try that but nothing happened
        You can Exclude a Z-Wave device from any controller. When it is excluded, it will be reset. When you go through the exclusion, it should be noted in the controller dialog. If it is a device not paired with the controller, it will not show a node number, but it will still say a device was excluded. If you exclude a device that has already been excluded, it will still indicate that a device is being excluded, just no node number. Since your device is not Z-Wave plus, it will have to be close (4-10 feet unobstructed) in order to be seen by the controller.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Correct, you should be able to first exclude from your new network, then you should be able to include into the new network.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            I created a 10 ft extension cord that has connectors on the black, white and ground and that way you can exclude it next to the controller and then re-include it and then it can be re-installed anywhere.
            That's an interesting idea, thanks. On the flip side, if you have a Z-Net, you could power it up via a USB battery and place it next to the device you're trying to exclude/include.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Since your device is not Z-Wave plus, it will have to be close (4-10 feet unobstructed) in order to be seen by the controller.
              That was it. I pulled it out of the wall and wired it to an old lamp cord next to the controller and it was able to be excluded. Jasco support didn't mention that

Comment

Working...
              X