Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to trigger event on later of two times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger event on later of two times?

I would like an event to trigger at the later of sunrise or 6:00am. How do I accomplish this in an event? Thanks.

How about:
    If the time is sunrise
    And If the time is after 5:59 AM

Or If the time is 6:00
    And If the time is after sunrise but before 6:05
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am trying to figure out the logic here - why the 6:05AM? That piece is throwing me.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        I am trying to figure out the logic here - why the 6:05AM? That piece is throwing me.
        The 6:05AM is just arbitrary, it could be 6:01 or 6:10.

If the time is sunrise
        And If the time is after 5:59 AM

This one is simple. iIt says the event will run as long as sunrise is after 5:59AM. If sunrise is 5:59AM or before, this pair will not trigger the event.

Or If the time is 6:00 AM
        And If the time is after sunrise but before 6:05 AM

This one will trigger at 6:00 AM, as long as it is after sunrise. Since HS does not offer "The time is after sunrise, Mike used this condition "If the time is after sunrise but before...". Since the trigger is at 6:00 AM, this pair is only true if it is after sunrise, the "but before 6:05 AM" will never be a factor.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Like Randy said. The 6:05 is just a place holder. HS conditions don't include a simple 'After sunrise' option and this one is the closest alternative that occurred to me.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Great - I am reasonably confident that I would never have figured that out. Let's see if my blinds go up tomorrow! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X