ZwaveAlarm System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZwaveAlarm System?

Is there a Zwave alarm system available yet?

The Elk M1 has a Z-wave modual.
    I would HIGHLY suggest taking a look at the Elk.
    This thing is incredible.

www.elkproducts.com

Thanks
    Ty

Comment

I took alook at the ELK, but it seems the module only allows the ELK to control ZWave devices not allow HS to control and get readings from the ELK.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy
        I took alook at the ELK, but it seems the module only allows the ELK to control ZWave devices not allow HS to control and get readings from the ELK.

HS can control through Elk Zwave module. In the Elk plugin you check allow X10 commands. Basically you associate it with a X10 address.
        For feedback you can get that; my RCS thermostat does feedback.

Currently Zwave switches don't have feedback you have to poll.

Leviton switches are due shortly. I have a price list now with pics. THe remotes look great!

Comment

PICS!!!!
          I have been waiting forever to see pictures of the Leviton stuff.

Can you post or send them to me?

Thanks
          Ty

Comment

http://www.leviton.com/vizia/index.htm

Here it is public.
            I can't wait to rip out all my ACT Zwave for them.

They will be in the $50 range but look great.

Look at the fan speed control, I've been waiting for something like this.

Comment

Can these switches be used with the HS Zwave modual? Or do I need something special.

Comment

Originally posted by tobad78
                http://www.leviton.com/vizia/index.htm

They will be in the $50 range but look great.
                tobad78: Is that an official price? VIZIA comes in two flavors: VIZIA (non-controlled) and VIZIA RF (Z-Wave controlled). I don't know what the official pricing is, but I would be surprised if the RF switches weren't more expensive than the standard non-RF designer ones.

Chris

Comment

I saw on another message board that the Leviton would not be out until June. Also, HAI will have Z-Wave integration and would be releasing it the same time as Leviton.

Also, the Cooper line of switches look nice. I am wondering when they will be out on the market. Also, it will be interesting to see if Lowes stocks them since they carry their non-RF line. (Aspire)

- Mike

Comment

When I spoke with Cooper at the EH Expo, they said that Aspire RF is due in June as well. Also the Intermatic HomeSettings PRO, now called InTouch is expected in June. At some point in time Leviton will add Z-Wave to the Acenti line, but they will have to see what happens with the Vizia-RF before they decide to proceed with Acenti-RF.
                    Last edited by ; April 7, 2006, 10:50 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Oh well, we have waited this long, what is a couple of more months

Comment

Would sure love to see a Z-Wave fan speed switch!
                        News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Delays

What happens is June turns into September and we keep waiting. I really wonder why there is so much delay in these Zwave products? Really screws up planning out a system.

Comment

Originally posted by tomborombo
                            What happens is June turns into September and we keep waiting. I really wonder why there is so much delay in these Zwave products? Really screws up planning out a system.
                            You should try living in the UK... June O6 turns into September 09

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Green
                              Would sure love to see a Z-Wave fan speed switch!
                              These are expected in the second wave of products from the Leviton Vizia-RF line.

Comment

Working...
                              X