No announcement yet.

Intermatic Z-Wave Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you guys getting the official drivers?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I fixed my installation problem by manually copying the files into the systems32/drivers folder where the install process was putting them anyway. I cant explain why manually copying worked and the normal install process didnt.

Anyway, it does work now, but I cant say I've seen any improvement with range or retries.

dickm

Comment

You can get the drivers that we tested with here:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/IntermaticZwaveDrivers.zip

The installation of this device is not as friendly as the current USB controller. The drivers are serial to USB drivers. Unzip the files then plugin in the stick. It will ask for drivers. Point the wizard to the folder were the drivers reside. The drivers will install, and they will install a new serial port. Go into your device manager and expand your ports to see which serial port it installed. In HomeSeer, under the Z-Wave config, enter the COM port number. HomeSeer should then find it. We may add a "search" feature in the Z-Wave config and find the interface automatically.

HS 2.0 should work fine, but I recommend 2.1, as there have been many changes to the Z-Wave support.

As for the primary controller, we currently do not support using the device as a primary controller. Why? It does not make sense. To learn your devices to the USB interface, you would need to move your computer to each device you are adding. Devices are added under low power, so the computer needs to be within a few feet of them.

Comment

Rich, you might want to edit that post, you misspelled "Drivers" in your URL so the link doesn't work.
          News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Hunter - You're correct about the misspelling but... the link does work for me as is.

odd...

-Mark

Mark Colegrove
            HomeSeer Technologies
            109 Powder Hill Rd
            Bedford, NH 03110
            web: http://www.homeseer.com

Comment

Hmmm, just times out for me. Well, as long as it's misspelled consistently, that's fine. Wonder why it won't get the files for me.
              News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Just as a point of reference - it works here.

Comment

The file was misnamed also, but its fixed now so it at least looks better! Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

If any Homeseer users bought the Intermatic USB stick from me let me know.
                    brian@tech-home.com
                    Email or PM me

Comment

I was waiting for more information before posting this information as no one was shipping this device. Since I see that it is being shipped I'll post what I know.

The stick does not work properly in our testing. When other USB devices are connected, the stick may lock up. We can reproduce this issue very quickly. So at this time, this device is NOT supported by HomeSeer. If you use one and have problems, we will not be able to support you. We are working with Intermatic to get this resolved as soon as possible. Note that the unit will fail with no software running on it, so the issue is not software related. When I have more information, I will let you all know.

Anyone who has pre-ordered a stick through us has already been refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                        I was waiting for more information before posting this information as no one was shipping this device. Since I see that it is being shipped I'll post what I know.

The stick does not work properly in our testing. When other USB devices are connected, the stick may lock up. We can reproduce this issue very quickly. So at this time, this device is NOT supported by HomeSeer. If you use one and have problems, we will not be able to support you. We are working with Intermatic to get this resolved as soon as possible. Note that the unit will fail with no software running on it, so the issue is not software related. When I have more information, I will let you all know.

Anyone who has pre-ordered a stick through us has already been refunded.
                        Brian,

Will you, like HST has done, be cancelling all orders for the Intermatic USB Stick placed on "Tech-Home?

Just in case you are not automatically cancelling orders for the Intermatic USB Stick I've sent you an e-mail to cancel mine.

dhk

Comment

Originally posted by tobad78
                          If any Homeseer users bought the Intermatic USB stick from me let me know.
                          brian@tech-home.com
                          Email or PM me

I will try to push yours out first along with the cocoontech guys. I have another shipment that will be ready the first of the week... If you haven't ordered them you can still do so..

I'm the only one actually shipping these.
                          Brian,

I tried to send an e-mail to cancel my order for the Intermatic USB Stick using the address you gave but my e-mail was bounced with the message:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
                          <brian@tech-home.com>
                          (reason: 550 5.0.0 output error)

What e-mail address should we use to cancel the order?

dhk

Comment

Rich,

What is the hardware setup and scenario where you're seeing this happen? Also, have you tried it with a number of USB sticks to make sure the test module isn't defective? Run on clean-installed OS builds, etc.?

We've run the production USB sticks in a number of (although not all) scenarios--including alongside other USB devices--and they've worked flawlessly. This is a highly-anticipated product in the Z-Wave market and I know that Intermatic's quality standards are very high, but of course weird things can happen in a complicated software environment.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I answered all of these questions with a response to Patrick (at Intermatic), I assumed he would have sent you the reply?

I can make the stick fail in less than hour on 3 different PC's and I have tried 3 different sticks. It fails with no software running on the stick at all.

The problem appears to be related to noisy USB power. When a USB modem is used on the same USB controller as the stick, and a ring comes in, you can see noise on the USB +5v. There are most likely other USB devices that can cause this issue, but 2 different modems have caused a failure. Under normal use, it may take a day or 2, maybe longer to actually fail.

Get a Creative DE5671, run Hyperterm on it, plug the stick into the same USB controller, then call into the modem multiple times. The stick will lock up. This may not happen on every computer, but its happened on all the ones I have tried so far. If you put the stick on a powered USB hub, it works fine.

I hope we can find a solution soon, I want this to work just as much as everyone else.

Comment

Your order is canceled. I have mine working along side Way2Call USB. I don't use any other USB devices on that computer. It has worked fine over 3 weeks. I even set it up as a primary controller.

I will not cancel all orders because it does work in my testing.

Brian

Originally posted by dhk
                                Brian,

I tried to send an e-mail to cancel my order for the Intermatic USB Stick using the address you gave but my e-mail was bounced with the message:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
                                <brian@tech-home.com>
                                (reason: 550 5.0.0 output error)

What e-mail address should we use to cancel the order?

dhk

Comment

Working...
                                X