Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create "No Status" Lighting Device (locked at "Unknown")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create "No Status" Lighting Device (locked at "Unknown")

I have several X10 Pro XPS3 switches in my home that are controlled through an Elk M1 Gold controller. These switches do not report status (at least I don't think they do) when they are controlled at the physical device, so this can cause true status to get out of sync with what Homeseer reports. Rather than potentially report inaccurate information, I would rather Homeseer always display "Unknown" for these particular devices. I cannot figure out how to do this. This doesn't seem to be an Elk M1 plugin-specific problem (I'm using UltraM1G for the time being), because I've created virtual lighting devices outside of the UltraM1G context, and there still seems to be no way to disable status though Homeseer's "device types" menu. Any help would be appreciated.

You could try just setting the device string for each switch to "Unknown" or whatever you want it to say. I think that will override the default status display.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X