Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushalot: Use of (replacement) variables

Hi Stefan,

Nice plugin for Pushalot! I like it very much.
    I'm wondering if you could change the plugin so (replacement) variables can be used in the Notification title and/or body. At the moment it's limited to only some text.

Hi Rutger,

Nice idea, I will certainly consider this. I assume you are referring to the standard HS3 replacement variables? Or do you have any special replacement variables in mind?
    stefxx

Comment

The standard replacement variables and ofcourse the HS devices itself.
      I looked into the manual from the Pushover plugin, which is or look similair to this plugin.
      The following ones should fit:
      $TIME - short time format
      $DATE - long date format
      $FROM - last email from address
      $$DVA:address - gets a device value by its address
      $$DVC:code - gets a device value by its code e.g. A1
      $$DVR:reference - gets a device value by its numeric device reference ID
      $$DSA:address - gets a device status by its address
      $$DSC:code - gets a device status by its code e.g. B2
      $$DSR:reference - gets a device status by its numeric device reference ID

Or get the devicevalue/status/string from a certain deviceref should even be better.

Comment

Global as well?

Being able to leverage the global variables would be nice as well. WeatherXML uses them heavily.

$$GLOBALVARname): Replacement is the value of the named global variable.

Chris

Comment

Ok, I see what I can do. Shouldn't be to difficult.

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
          Or get the devicevalue/status/string from a certain deviceref should even be better.
          Isn't that what $$DVR:reference and $$DSR:reference are suppose to do?
          stefxx

Comment

You are right. My idea when writing that sentence was to get the devicestring from some device. If I'm right thats not possible with the replacement variables

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=11
              stefxx

Comment

Support for Replacement Variables has been added. Please install version 3.0.0.4 from the downloader.
                stefxx

Comment

Very nice, that's all what I want. Thank you very much.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know there was a Plushalot plugin! Excellent!

But I can't get replacement variables to work. Here's my Event Action:

.. but here's what I get:
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

You need to close the replacement variable with another colon, like this:

$$DVR:727:
                      stefxx

Comment

Woah, I've been using HomeSeer for years, but didn't know that!

Thanks, it's working now.

Very, very good plugin, by the way!
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Well, it isn't very clear in the documentation.

And thanks for the compliment.
                          stefxx

Comment

For the record, I just found this plugin and I love it!!! Way better than having to rely on txt messages from AT&T to come thru, so this works like a charm!

Ok, one more question in the mix to see how would I do this.

How do I do a carriage return or <br> in order to start with another line in the body of the message?

Here is why I am trying to do it... I will be sending battery statuses to myself on an occasional basis/when certain batteries become low and I would love to do it in a list view. For example:

Battery Status
                            30% - Living Room Motion
                            90% - Garage Motion
                            70% - Front Door Lock
                            05% - Hallway Motion
                            50% - Outdoor Temp Sensor

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks!
                            Stephen

Comment

HTML codes are not supported by Pushalot... so "br" doesn't work. I found nothing in the API to implement a carriage return or linefeed, so I start testing a bit. I can insert a line break manually but it will only show up in the Pushalot app when you select the message (and it looks like a double line break for some reason!). The overview of messages in the app and in the Windows Phone notification center both ignore the line breaks.

If you want, I can send you a test version that supports line breaks by inserting either "\r" or "\n" in the message body. Just send me a PM with your email address...

This is all I can do from my little plugin. Perhaps you can send a message to the author of the Pushalot website/app maker to (better) support line breaks or even HTML codes?

And thanks for the compliment!
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X