Could not load 'Newtonsoft.Json'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not load 'Newtonsoft.Json'

I get this error in the log when my graph creating events run.

Something I can do about this?

That is typically caused when another plugin author puts a commonly used DLL like Newtonsoft.json.dll in the root HS3 folder instead of in their own HS3\bin\<myplugin> folder. Check and see if you have a situation like that.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      That is typically caused when another plugin author puts a commonly used DLL like Newtonsoft.json.dll in the root HS3 folder instead of in their own HS3\bin\<myplugin> folder. Check and see if you have a situation like that.
      Man, as I start getting into development, is there a way to tell my plugin to ignore those in the root and just use the ones I've put in the /bin/<myplugin> folder? I've found out how to add that location as a place for the app to look for the DLLs, but not to only look there and no where else? I'm currently using the <probing privatePath="bin\<myplugin>"> tag in app.config, but now You've got me wondering if there is a better way out there somewhere?

Sorry if I'm going off topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Man, as I start getting into development, is there a way to tell my plugin to ignore those in the root and just use the ones I've put in the /bin/<myplugin> folder? I've found out how to add that location as a place for the app to look for the DLLs, but not to only look there and no where else? I'm currently using the <probing privatePath="bin\<myplugin>"> tag in app.config, but now You've got me wondering if there is a better way out there somewhere?

Sorry if I'm going off topic here.
        The probing privatePath is the correct approach, exactly as you've mentioned here. Rich recently updated the version of Newtonsoft shipped with HS3 and advised us all to use <probing privatePath="bin\<myplugin>;bin"> (which allows you to use the built in assemblies unless you have duplicates in your path, which it uses first).

Comment

Working...
        X