Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report: Device History 1.3 Config page is blank

Hi @shill,

I just updated to version 1.3 (HS3 .435, Windows 10) and my Config page is now blank.

I have 71 monitored devices that are still appearing on the Status page.

Screen shots below.

I tried it in both Safari and Chrome browsers. Please let me know what I can do to help debug. Thanks!

-mda

-----

System Info:

Current Date/Time: 7/2/2018 10:27:59 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 5 Hours 8 Minutes 58 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.141
    Number of Devices: 601
    Number of Events: 402
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 5
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.20: Autelis
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    3.0.27.0: BLGData
    3.0.16.0: BLLock
    2.0.23.0: BLOccupied
    1.3.0.0: Device History
    3.0.0.25: Ecobee
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    1.1.17344.311: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.0.33: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.88: weatherXML
    3.0.1.227: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Do you see the "Loading Monitored Devices" dialog when the page loads? Is there anything in the HomeSeer log about an error?

Normally I'd ask for a TRACE log file, but I did notice last night when I went to this screen (I have 95 monitored devices) with that enabled, it really bogged down the system for a long time (in fact, I had to kill it and change the setting manually in the config file). So I need to work on that before I ask for more logging!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Do you see the "Loading Monitored Devices" dialog when the page loads? Is there anything in the HomeSeer log about an error?

I do see the dialog for less than a second, yes (it is so quick it is barely there).

Log shows this error every time I try to open the Config page. (Sorry I forgot to post this earlier):

Date/TimePriType/ErrorMessage/Source
      Jul-03 10:19:01 AM ErrorGetting web page from plugin page Device_History_Config:The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
        I do see the dialog for less than a second, yes (it is so quick it is barely there).

Log shows this error every time I try to open the Config page. (Sorry I forgot to post this earlier):

Date/TimePriType/ErrorMessage/Source
        Jul-03 10:19:01 AM ErrorGetting web page from plugin page Device_History_Config:The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Hmmm... that isn't an error message my plugin puts out, so it must be something happening within HS itself when trying to route the Ajax request (what's happening under the covers while that loading splash is shown) to the plugin.

Does it happen every time? Have you tried restarting the plugin? Or even restarting HS? Or your entire server? Drastic, I know, but under the "strange but true" category, none of my plugins (from any author) would connect to HS at all last night until after I rebooted the server, which was waiting on some Windows updates to be applied.

Comment

Does it happen every time?
          Yes
          Have you tried restarting the plugin?
          Yes
          Or even restarting HS? Or your entire server?
          Not yet, but I will try and let you know. I do have windows update service turned off (I manually turned it on and updated the other day, then turned it back off)

Comment

I just submitted version 1.3.1. The new process requires us to submit using HS systems, so I don't know exactly when it will be published, since I think someone has to actually take action and tomorrow's a holiday, so it might not be until Thursday or later.

I can't say I fixed the problem, but I put some better Debug logging in (so turn it up to "Debug" - not Trace) and added some specific error handling for the web pages. When you get a chance, seeing if there are any errors (along with the plugin log file) would certainly help.

Comment

Thanks. Restarting HS3 did not solve the problem. I will try to restart the PC once I have the new plug in to test.

Comment

I know you've got a new version in the works but just thought I'd chime in with the error I'm getting on 1.3.0.0 (it's slightly different than the one mentioned above) in case it helps.

Jul-04 09:11:18 Error Getting web page from plugin page Device_History_Config:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
                  I know you've got a new version in the works but just thought I'd chime in with the error I'm getting on 1.3.0.0 (it's slightly different than the one mentioned above) in case it helps.

Jul-04 09:11:18 Error Getting web page from plugin page Device_History_Config:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
                  Thanks - the debugging I added in 1.3.1 should also help, though this may well be the same issue. These are frustrating when they don't happen to me as it's hard to fix something you can't recreate!

Are you also running on Windows? Or on Linux?

Comment

If either of you wants to try 1.3.1 before it hits the updater, you can just replace your EXE with this one (after first stopping the plugin):

https://skware1.blob.core.windows.ne..._1_3_1_EXE.zip

The best thing would be to follow these steps:
                    1. Go to the plugin options and turn the Plugin Log Level up to Debug.
                    2. Clear the log file
                    3. Stop the plugin
                    4. Replace the EXE with this one
                    5. Start the plugin
                    6. Give it a few seconds to finish initializing, then go to the config page
                    7. If any error shows on the page, copy/paste that here. Otherwise, email me the log file.

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing as mda originally reported (nothing on Config page). Running on a ZeeS2.

Comment

If either of you wants to try 1.3.1 before it hits the updater, you can just replace your EXE with this one (after first stopping the plugin):[/LIST]
                        Here you go.

Z
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                          Here you go.

Z
                          Thanks! That told me what I needed and I see the issue. If you don't have any devices with a blank location, it will cause this error when it tries to show the list of devices to select from based on the selected location - since the initial location is blank.

Working on the fix for that now... should be an easy one.

Comment

1.3.2 solved it. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks! That told me what I needed and I see the issue. If you don't have any devices with a blank location, it will cause this error when it tries to show the list of devices to select from based on the selected location - since the initial location is blank.

Couple of things.
                              My Managed devices is still blank. Log shows you find them? Status page is OK however.
                              Also, every time I open Status, I get a Removing/Creating DEVICE_VALUE_SUMMARY logged (leftover debug?). Logging is set at Info.

Log attached.

Thanks,
                              Z
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X