Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU usage

Hey:
    I just noticed my CPU on my Windows instance is pretty much pegged.

I looked at the processes and the culprit is HSPI_ZWAVE.exe.

I am running the Zwave plugin 3.0.1.190. I have two ZNETS: one is on a VPN. I tried disabling that and did not have any luck.

I turned the plugin off: and then reenabled it and it is back to zero.

Am I alone on this?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    Hey:

I just noticed my CPU on my Windows instance is pretty much pegged.

I looked at the processes and the culprit is HSPI_ZWAVE.exe.

I am running the Zwave plugin 3.0.1.190. I have two ZNETS: one is on a VPN. I tried disabling that and did not have any luck.

I turned the plugin off: and then reenabled it and it is back to zero.

Am I alone on this?

No, this is a common issue with the Z-Wave plugin. I have been able to repeat the issue when ever I add a ZWave node to the system. Usually when using the z-tool app but I have seen reports that even using the web UI will cause the same issue. Only resolution is to disable an enable the plugin.

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I might have seen this with a much older Z-wave plugin. I only have one Z-net and I run 3.0.1.190 of the PI on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 2016) and I have never seen this. So I wonder if it has to do with have two Z-Nets.

Have you tried to disable on (not even sure if this is possible) to see how the system behaves? If having two Z-Nets manifests this problem, it might be worth bringing this up with HS support.

Robert
      Last edited by langenet; July 23, 2018, 01:05 PM.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I too have seen this on occasion. Restarting has fixed it in the past.
        I use a single smart-stick.

Comment

Next time it happens, try opening the Controller Management page (Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management) and see if it drops off.
          I wrote a script to automate the backup of the controllers. At some point, I realized that 10-30 minutes after running, the Z-Wave plugin CPU would peg. Found that simply visiting that page would make it stop. I modified the script slightly (to leave the page in a different state) and it hasn't happened since. Very weird...

Comment

ZWOLFPACK: I would have gone to that page to disable and enable my ZNETS.

There is no way to disable and reenble a plugin from an event, is there?
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
              ZWOLFPACK: I would have gone to that page to disable and enable my ZNETS.

There is no way to disable and reenble a plugin from an event, is there?
              Jon00 publishes a utility to do that. Check his site, there is a support thread on this forum for it as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not tried any of his stuff, but this seems to fit the bill:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150325

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  I have not tried any of his stuff
                  Then you are missing out on some of the best Homeseer utilities available!

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                    Then you are missing out on some of the best Homeseer utilities available!
                    Agreed. Jon00's stuff is top notch and well worth a donation. His scripts and utilities greatly enhance HS.
                    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                      Agreed. Jon00's stuff is top notch and well worth a donation. His scripts and utilities greatly enhance HS.
                      They are great, but too easily over looked because they are not advertised in the updater.

I think keeping track of them, installing and updating them is kind of a pain when compared.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
                      X