This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Access

I have set up a guest access which I can successfully log in from. However, when I go to the devices and try to turn one of them on, the log file says:

web server error 404, cannot serve file c:\program files\homeseer 2\html/stif

Is this something I've set up wrong or should a guest user not be able to turn on devices? If they are not allowed, then what is the purpose of a guest account? The online tutorial does not explain this well and I couldn't find it in the forums specifically.

Thanks!

No guests can't turn on devices nor would I think you would want a guest user to adjust your thermostat or turn on the sprinkler system for example. There is an option to allow guest to see devices though.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So what is the purpose of a guest account? If you have cameras or something like that?

Comment

Yes. They can look at your setups and do a few things but most pages are protected.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by King5555 View Post
          So what is the purpose of a guest account? If you have cameras or something like that?
          Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Yes. They can look at your setups and do a few things but most pages are protected.
          Most Homeseer internally generated pages are protected, but you can also write your own pages that can be viewed if you know what you are doing. My Homeseer server is probably one of the the most well known guest access HS sites. Take a look! Click on my banner below!
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X