No announcement yet.

Fibaro FGPB-101 "The Button"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This "button" is only a scene controller, it does not physically push a on/off button on a non-smart device. In other words, it doesn't do what this does

https://www.amazon.com/MicroBot-Push.../dp/B01FQN2T2W

Does anybody know if the MicroBot can be brought into HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
      I have not had this issue at all and it sits idle for several hours. Once engaged, it's responds right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Great, thank you! It's a pricey thing, and want to make sure it'll work!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
        This "button" is only a scene controller, it does not physically push a on/off button on a non-smart device. In other words, it doesn't do what this does

https://www.amazon.com/MicroBot-Push.../dp/B01FQN2T2W

Does anybody know if the MicroBot can be brought into HS3?
        I think for this type of usage scenario, at least with Z wave, you'd need to replace the physical button with a relay that you can then control. Fortrezz makes one for instance.

Comment

For certain non-smart devices I have replaced the physical switch with a z-wave controllable contact closure just like you suggest. No problem there. However, with certain specific devices I want to control, the on off switch is so integrated into the device, and the device is such a high end piece of equipment, I cannot get at the wiring or do not want to mess with it. I really need a physical robot linear actuator of sorts that just physically pushes the button on the device. I need the number of seconds it pushes the button to be controllable also, all by zwave or RF or some technology that I can bring into HS...The microbot seems to be that device, except I guess nobody knows yet how to bring it into HS, the wireless technology has not been released.

Comment

I have a issue whit the Button.
            When it is pressed once it is noticed by HomeSeer, but if it is pressed once again after a while. HomeSeer doesn't see that. (only if there is a other type of pres done between them.

Who knows a solution for this?

Comment

I'm assuming you're doing this in an event. Make sure you are triggering off of "has been set to" and not "has been changed to."

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                I'm assuming you're doing this in an event. Make sure you are triggering off of "has been set to" and not "has been changed to."
                I know what you mean but the status "Last Change" doesn't update in HS3 when the same operation is done one after the other.
                My NodOn scene remote does it good, when the same buton is pressed again the status updates in HS3

Comment

I know that there's an option in the next tab over where the "last change" doesn't change if it's the same value as before, if that makes sense.

Set up an event, though, where it sends you an email or whatever when the status is set to the button press in question, and see if it fires properly. Then can help you figure out where the problem is maybe (i.e., if it's that HS3 isn't processing it at all, or just not processing the "last change" thing).

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                    I know that there's an option in the next tab over where the "last change" doesn't change if it's the same value as before, if that makes sense.

Set up an event, though, where it sends you an email or whatever when the status is set to the button press in question, and see if it fires properly. Then can help you figure out where the problem is maybe (i.e., if it's that HS3 isn't processing it at all, or just not processing the "last change" thing).
                    That was a good idea
                    The "Last Change" time doesn't update but the events is triggered again!

Comment

I do have the problem that it won't respond to the first press if I haven't used the button several hours.

Could you tell me what software version is on your button and which version zwave plugin you are using?

Also did you include it secure or unsecure?

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
                        I do have the problem that it won't respond to the first press if I haven't used the button several hours.

Could you tell me what software version is on your button and which version zwave plugin you are using?

Also did you include it secure or unsecure?
                        Version 4.38 (UNKNOWN), Firmware 3.2, Hardware 1, Plug-in 3.0.1.87
                        I'm not sure but normaly I use secure.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                          Version 4.38 (UNKNOWN), Firmware 3.2, Hardware 1, Plug-in 3.0.1.87
                          I'm not sure but normaly I use secure.
                          Thank you for your fast response.
                          I've got the same version the only difference I see is the plugin. I use the beta version 3.0.1.102.

I'm still pretty new to Homeseer so I don't know if the plugin version could be the cause?
                          And also can I switch back and forward with the version number without losing any devices.

Comment

Thank you for your fast response.
                            I've got the same version the only difference I see is the plugin. I use the beta version 3.0.1.102.

I'm still pretty new to Homeseer so I don't know if the plugin version could be the cause?
                            And also can I switch back and forward with the version number without losing any devices.
                            It can be the cause, you can go back inversion but I don't know how

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                              It can be the cause, you can go back inversion but I don't know how
                              Again thank you for your reply. Last question just popped in my mind. Do you have 'Polling Interval:' configured or 'Wake up interval' (it's under settings which you can see if you wake the device).

Mine 'Wake up interval' was -1 And I changed it to 12H

Comment

Again thank you for your reply. Last question just popped in my mind. Do you have 'Polling Interval:' configured or 'Wake up interval' (it's under settings which you can see if you wake the device).

Mine 'Wake up interval' was -1 And I changed it to 12H
                                No I changed nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X