Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when we add/change devices in HS3 what is required to do in google home piece? Also we have 4 homes under different google accounts inthe home, can we copy config to others?

Comment

i linked all to rooms how the heck can i get ok google turn on family room lights to return something other than sorry I dont know how to help with that yet?

Comment

Diddled with nicknames still cannot get google home to understand me

Must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Now seems like a good time to get this flushed out before we have a ton of users on it!

So we made the change, it now reports location 2->location 1->Name for the name of the device. If you have swapped location 1/2, we do handle that by swapping them.

I tested it and I was able to control a device by just its name, if the name is unique. However, if you do have 2 devices with "Lamp" in their name, it will control both of them. This is different from Alexa where it will ask you which one you want to control.

To test this, you will need to unlink HS and link it back again.

Let me know how this works.
          Thanks!! This seems to be working great. The only downside is that the default response is "ok, turning on location 1 location 2 device name", which is a bit verbose. Not something you can control, but we can work around it by setting a nickname (which I love!) and that will be spoken as confirmation instead, in addition to allowing you to refer to it however you want.

Comment

Rich,

Do you plan to add other capabilities in addition to turning devices on/off/dim?

What I have in mind is the ability to execute an event, send a text string, and the other actions you provide with the Homeseer IFTTT action service.

Comment

Just keep in mind that you will lose all those nicknames if you need to add a device.

Originally posted by shill View Post
              Thanks!! This seems to be working great. The only downside is that the default response is "ok, turning on location 1 location 2 device name", which is a bit verbose. Not something you can control, but we can work around it by setting a nickname (which I love!) and that will be spoken as confirmation instead, in addition to allowing you to refer to it however you want.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Google defines the API, so we can only support what they allow. I believe thermostat support is about ready, so that will probably be the next thing we add.

For other things, create a virtual device, make sure "ControlUse" properties are set for ON and OFF on the status/graphics page in the device properties. Then you can trigger on that in an event to control other stuff.

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                Rich,

Do you plan to add other capabilities in addition to turning devices on/off/dim?

What I have in mind is the ability to execute an event, send a text string, and the other actions you provide with the Homeseer IFTTT action service.

Comment

So it won't be possible to send an arbitrary text string to Homeseer?

Google defines the API, so we can only support what they allow. I believe thermostat support is about ready, so that will probably be the next thing we add.

For other things, create a virtual device, make sure "ControlUse" properties are set for ON and OFF on the status/graphics page in the device properties. Then you can trigger on that in an event to control other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                    I installed 3.0.0.326. When I enter the user name and password, I see that I log in successfully but then I get the message mentioned below.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                    Rick, anything else I can provide you to help troubleshoot? I can get fin in my homeseer and I already have Amazon working fine.

Thanks,
                    Aldo

Comment

Not now, unless Google adds something.

So it won't be possible to send an arbitrary text string to Homeseer?

Comment

Are you referring to linking to HomeSeer in the Google Home app? PM me a login to your MyHS account and we can see what is going. Sounds like a specific device is causing it to error.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                        Rick, anything else I can provide you to help troubleshoot? I can get fin in my homeseer and I already have Amazon working fine.

Thanks,
                        Aldo

Comment

Rich,

You can do this today easily with the Google Assistant channel. It lets you define a custom phrase to trigger a specific action. Pretty slick.

Comment

Yes, I know, that's what I do now. But it would be nice to eliminate the middle-man (IFTTT).

Originally posted by shill View Post
                            You can do this today easily with the Google Assistant channel. It lets you define a custom phrase to trigger a specific action. Pretty slick.

Comment

Are you referring to linking to HomeSeer in the Google Home app? PM me a login to your MyHS account and we can see what is going. Sounds like a specific device is causing it to error.
                              Hi Rick, I think you already have fixed it, thank you. I just tried successfully.

Aldo

Comment

Yes, I know, that's what I do now. But it would be nice to eliminate the middle-man (IFTTT).
                                Then I suspect the answer to your question is "no", since the Google SmartHome API is for turning devices on and off.

Comment

Working...
                                X