Schlage lock won't enroll - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage lock won't enroll - Solved!

I am using a Aeolab Zstick 5 which seems to enroll my schlage (however shlage never shows the checkmark icon which means it enrolled).

When I go into my HS3 I can see that it was enrolled but with errors:

Aug-29 9:12:32 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 21, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Aug-29 9:12:32 PM Z-Wave Cannot reach node 21, will not import any information about this node.
    Aug-29 9:12:24 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 21
    Aug-29 9:12:24 PM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 21...
    Aug-29 9:12:24 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
    Aug-29 9:12:24 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...

I then tried to remove the node from my z-wave and it does remove it (schlage even shows the checkmark meaning it was removed).

But when I try to re-enroll I keep getting the same thing. The zstick seems to have enrolled it but schlage does not show the checkmark icon. And then well I get the error within HS3 as shown above.

No clue what the issue is...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by _ThaNerd_; August 30, 2017, 07:41 AM.

More info:
    Attached Files

Comment

Now it looks like this but I can't seem to connect to it or get it's status....
      Attached Files

Comment

How close is the lock to your interface when you try to control it?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was using a laptop with the zstick plugged into it and I was standing right beside the door lock while it was in enrollment mode.

Comment

The thing is I can't really control it afterwards as this is what I see in my GUI:

There is no ON/OFF or anything and the device is shown as OFF.
            Attached Files

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running and what version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? You may have to do a rescan on the lock and keep it awake while the scan is on going.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Both are the latest versions. By scan you mean keep it enrolled as is a keep trying to scan? Or remove and re-enroll?

Comment

Finally solved. This is what I did:

Went through the z-wave control management (under plug-in) and did a full scan of existing devices while I kept on re-entering the programming code on the schlage in order to keep it in enrollment mode the whole time (it kept giving me the "X" but I kept doing it). I was standing right beside it the whole time.

Comment

Just exchange schlage lock

Old schlage lock would not pair a new software load (HS3 Pro), spent hours trying various steps.

Finally just purchased a new one from local hardware shop.

It paired first time.

I'll return old one as defective. These locks can be such a waist of time.
                    Last edited by BlueOceanIT; November 16, 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X