No announcement yet.

3.0.1.152 Strange behaviour to thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do have a Stella, so I will check that one.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have the same issue with StellaZ TRV's and Secure SRT321 wall thermostats. They send wakeups, temps, but do not take any setpoints. But I have that with Z-wave 130 as well as the 152 beta. I have that issue since updating HS3 to 3.0.0.368 (I have opened a help desk ticket about that yesterday and posted on here in a different thread too).
    No heating for me since... all has to be done manually. Not great.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We do have a Stella, so I will check that one.
      Rich I can confirm 100% its .368 causing the issues. I did go back to .318 by copying .318 files HS3.exe
      • scheduler.dll
      • hscf.dll
      • HomeSeerAPI.dll
      • interop.hsrecord2.dll

over my .368 installation

All my TRV's are working again, so is the main thermostat. No other changes on my system.

One thing you might be able to help. My startup now shows this error, no idea what it means, how to fix it, and what issues it could cause... and I will have to run this version until .368 has a fix

10/11/2017 16:03:48 ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type Scheduler.Classes.TrigComparer required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib

This error has disappeared after a reboot. It could not load all events, and about 40 events have disappeared. Can I get them back ?
      Last edited by mikee123; November 10, 2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I have fixed the thermostat issue. The fix is in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.155 which is in the Beta section on the plugins page. The issue is related to thermostats that use Celsius mode and use a different precision from US thermostats.

Comment

I have fixed the thermostat issue. The fix is in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.155 which is in the Beta section on the plugins page. The issue is related to thermostats that use Celsius mode and use a different precision from US thermostats.
          That was super quick. It has not worked though. I am still getting this error, and the setpoint is not being accepted

Nov-10 17:38:11 Z-Wave Warning New Interface: Device (Node 22) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device

Comment

The error message you posted is not related to sending a setpoint. Are you setting the setpoint using the web interface? Is HS set to Celsius in Setup?

That was super quick. It has not worked though. I am still getting this error, and the setpoint is not being accepted

Nov-10 17:38:11 Z-Wave Warning New Interface: Device (Node 22) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device

Comment

In setup temperature scale I have Celcius.
              The error comes as to get the setpoint into the StellaZ's, I poll them (via an event) when they wake up when I want to send a setpoint. Usually after the poll it says 'Device (Node 35) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent'
              So this error looks as if that somehow has gone wrong. I now have also tried disabling polling completely when sending setpoints. that error does not show up any more, I see this in the log:
              'Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 22(Thermostat HVAC Guest Bed TRV root)'
              And no setpoint has been accepted. I can tell as the rad does not go on or off, and the StellaZ you can normally hear changing setpoints.
              I can also see it on the Secure SRT321 on the display, that the sepoint is not changing as that is displaying the current setpoint.

Comment

It looks like HS could not send the setpoint when the thermostat woke up. But checking the code, there has not been any changes related to that since the beginning of the year. The thermostat may be going to sleep before the command is able to be sent. I am not sure why this would just start happening. Maybe your Z-Wave network is very busy?

You can enable debug logging and send me the log file. Did you do this already? Someone said they did, but I did not get it. Make sure you zip up the file and rename the extension to something like .zipp, otherwise it will be blocked.

In setup temperature scale I have Celcius.
                The error comes as to get the setpoint into the StellaZ's, I poll them (via an event) when they wake up when I want to send a setpoint. Usually after the poll it says 'Device (Node 35) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent'
                So this error looks as if that somehow has gone wrong. I now have also tried disabling polling completely when sending setpoints. that error does not show up any more, I see this in the log:
                'Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 22(Thermostat HVAC Guest Bed TRV root)'
                And no setpoint has been accepted. I can tell as the rad does not go on or off, and the StellaZ you can normally hear changing setpoints.
                I can also see it on the Secure SRT321 on the display, that the sepoint is not changing as that is displaying the current setpoint.

Comment

I did not send a log file, but I'll send a few setpoint changes and log them with debug logging. If it was my zwave network being busy, why would it work as soon as I switch to .318 ? I have no idea but I changed back and forth with 318 to 368. Always works on 318, never on 368 with everything else exactly the same.

Comment

And you are using the same Z-Wave plugin when you switch between 318 and 368? That is really odd as this is a Z-Wave issue, I don't see how the HS version would have any affect.

I did not send a log file, but I'll send a few setpoint changes and log them with debug logging. If it was my zwave network being busy, why would it work as soon as I switch to .318 ? I have no idea but I changed back and forth with 318 to 368. Always works on 318, never on 368 with everything else exactly the same.

Comment

Yes I have tried with .130, .152 on .318 and .368 and (.155 on .368)
                      sending the logs now

What is your email pls ?

I have also noticed other problems with Zwave .155, Greenwave power nodes stop energy reporting. Aeotec smart switch Gen 5 includes ok, but cannot get security scheme and only generated 1 child device (on/off) but none for the poweer reporting
                      Last edited by mikee123; November 11, 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Tried 155 and setpoint issue not fixed. (Am on HS .368 too)

Comment

It looks like HS could not send the setpoint when the thermostat woke up. But checking the code, there has not been any changes related to that since the beginning of the year. The thermostat may be going to sleep before the command is able to be sent. I am not sure why this would just start happening. Maybe your Z-Wave network is very busy?

You can enable debug logging and send me the log file. Did you do this already? Someone said they did, but I did not get it. Make sure you zip up the file and rename the extension to something like .zipp, otherwise it will be blocked.
                          That was me. I'd zipped up files and emailed again.

Comment

Try Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.156, I backed out a recent change related to wakeup's, see if it helps.

The logs sent to me did not show any errors and the set point command seems to have been sent ok.

Comment

Try Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.156, I backed out a recent change related to wakeup's, see if it helps.

The logs sent to me did not show any errors and the set point command seems to have been sent ok.
                              Tried, and no different. If you want me to go back each version until it works let me know (I think it was 148)

Comment

What is your email and I'll send you my logs. I will now update to .156 and try that...

Comment

Working...
                                X