Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin version 3.0.1.4

I had an Internet outage this morning, during which I tried to control an activity with the remote and it hung. These errors wound up in the Homeseer log:

The Conection to Hub with ID x failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.StreamParser.NextElement(String[] expected) at HarmonyHub.Client.GetSessionToken(String ip, String username, String password, Boolean bypassLogitech) at HarmonyHub.Client.Authenticate() at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    The Conection to Hub with ID x failed with message: Unexpected XML element: message

After about 2 minutes the activity was executed.

Maybe some plugin testing with the hub disconnected from the Internet would be worthwhile. I don't recall the hub not working in this fashion, but our Internet outages are few and far between so I don't have a lot of history.

It's possible this is expected behavior, just not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
      Plugin version 3.0.1.4

I had an Internet outage this morning, during which I tried to control an activity with the remote and it hung. These errors wound up in the Homeseer log:

The Conection to Hub with ID x failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.StreamParser.NextElement(String[] expected) at HarmonyHub.Client.GetSessionToken(String ip, String username, String password, Boolean bypassLogitech) at HarmonyHub.Client.Authenticate() at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
      The Conection to Hub with ID x failed with message: Unexpected XML element: message

After about 2 minutes the activity was executed.

Maybe some plugin testing with the hub disconnected from the Internet would be worthwhile. I don't recall the hub not working in this fashion, but our Internet outages are few and far between so I don't have a lot of history.

It's possible this is expected behavior, just not sure.
      I will see if I can find time to do that. Internet should not affect it, but if your wireless goes out, it should.

My problem is 8 people in one house makes it hard to find time to turn off the internet... Lol. I'll do it during lunch one day though when they are all gone at work and school [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

My problem is 8 people in one house makes it hard to find time to turn off the internet... Lol. I'll do it during lunch one day though when they are all gone at work and school [emoji16]

LOL, So..

having a family + doing HA and plugin = ninja skills

Comment

I will see if I can find time to do that. Internet should not affect it, but if your wireless goes out, it should.

I'm confident wireless is rock solid. The hub in question is 5 feet from a ubiquity AP and Homeseer is hard wired.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Rien plug-in doesn't work for the SEL. Which is Linux but not the same processor as the Zee2 pi.

SEL is Linux on Celeron
            Zee2 is Linux on ARM

So if you can get this to work on the SEL (not just a pi linux) you should have a bunch of customers who have been waiting for Rien to get his to work on the SEL.

I can't believe I missed this. I didn't realize there are two Harmony plug ins? I have the Rien's. What is the other one? Please tell maybe that one already works on SEL.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
              The Rien plug-in doesn't work for the SEL. Which is Linux but not the same processor as the Zee2 pi.

SEL is Linux on Celeron
              Zee2 is Linux on ARM

So if you can get this to work on the SEL (not just a pi linux) you should have a bunch of customers who have been waiting for Rien to get his to work on the SEL.

I can't believe I missed this. I didn't realize there are two Harmony plug ins? I have the Rien's. What is the other one? Please tell maybe that one already works on SEL.
              the other one is from Jon00. You can ask question about it in this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193168 but I think it is Windows only

Comment

Yeah it's windows only. I kind of regret buying the linux version. I'll have to go look at some of the other forums but I think I could use my HS3 license to install on a windows machine and throw the homeseer Linux box away if i really want to switch. but I'm not sure and not that desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
                  Yeah it's windows only. I kind of regret buying the linux version. I'll have to go look at some of the other forums but I think I could use my HS3 license to install on a windows machine and throw the homeseer Linux box away if i really want to switch. but I'm not sure and not that desperate.
                  Once this is in the updater, you can use the demo to try it on the SEL. I don't have access to one, so I can't test it, but I can't think of anything that would restrict it from working.

Comment

Once this is in the updater, you can use the demo to try it on the SEL. I don't have access to one, so I can't test it, but I can't think of anything that would restrict it from working.
                    That said, if it doesn't work, we can always try some debugging and I can do special beta releases just to you with an expiration date to get past the 30 day demo window (as long as you can manually install on the SEL).

Comment

It happened again this morning with 750 errors in 2 minutes, here is a sample
                      Code:
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unrecoverable stream error: resource-constraint
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.StreamParser.NextElement(String[] expected) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InitStreamInput(Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, Encoding encoding) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitStream() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, XmlReaderSettings settings, Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, XmlParserContext context, Boolean closeInput) at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(Stream input, Uri baseUri, String baseUriString, XmlParserContext inputContext) at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(Stream input, XmlReaderSettings settings, String baseUri) at HarmonyHub.StreamParser..ctor(Stream stream, Boolean leaveOpen) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InitStreamInput(Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, Encoding encoding) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitStream() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(Stream stream, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteCount, XmlReaderSettings settings, Uri baseUri, String baseUriStr, XmlParserContext context, Boolean closeInput) at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(Stream input, Uri baseUri, String baseUriString, XmlParserContext inputContext) at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(Stream input, XmlReaderSettings settings, String baseUri) at HarmonyHub.StreamParser..ctor(Stream stream, Boolean leaveOpen) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unrecoverable stream error: resource-constraint
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at HarmonyHub.StreamParser.NextElement(String[] expected) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                      Mar-19 8:27:20 AM	 	MeiHarmonyHub: Error	The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      They began at 8:26 end ended at 8:27 this morning. I didn't change anything and there are no events that would have run at that time. These errors all seem to be about the same hub that was giving errors a week or so ago. I did see a handful of similar errors last Thursday on a different hub, but they did not persist. I did not have debug logging enabled. It is now. I have disabled the plug-in for now. I will enable it again this afternoon and keep an eye on it.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        It happened again this morning with 750 errors in 2 minutes, here is a sample
                        Code:
                        They began at 8:26 end ended at 8:27 this morning. I didn't change anything and there are no events that would have run at that time. These errors all seem to be about the same hub that was giving errors a week or so ago. I did see a handful of similar errors last Thursday on a different hub, but they did not persist. I did not have debug logging enabled. It is now. I have disabled the plug-in for now. I will enable it again this afternoon and keep an eye on it.
                        I'm going to look into this more closely, but it appears that the hub is saying it has resource constraints. I'm going to try and see if I can reproduce it on my side, but that might be hard. It may mean I need to add more debugging so I can detect it and handle it better.

That said, because the hub says it is limited on resources, it may just mean I need to wait a bit longer before a reconnect in this scenario. I will double check my code to make sure I'm not overloading the hub, but I shouldn't be as unless the plugin is actively used, the only activity is the heartbeat sent every 30 seconds to keep the connection alive.

When you do the debugging, can you also send me screenshots of your settings (just the main settings should suffice).

Comment

I'm going to look into this more closely, but it appears that the hub is saying it has resource constraints. I'm going to try and see if I can reproduce it on my side, but that might be hard. It may mean I need to add more debugging so I can detect it and handle it better.

That said, because the hub says it is limited on resources, it may just mean I need to wait a bit longer before a reconnect in this scenario. I will double check my code to make sure I'm not overloading the hub, but I shouldn't be as unless the plugin is actively used, the only activity is the heartbeat sent every 30 seconds to keep the connection alive.

When you do the debugging, can you also send me screenshots of your settings (just the main settings should suffice).
                          I have enabled the plug-in with debug logging enabled. So far there are no errors. The screenshot is attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There were HS log errors at 11:19AM. Debug log emailed.

Comment

Comment

500 more errors at 2:07PM. I have sent the debug log by email. I have disabled the plug-in again.

Comment

Working...
                                X