This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get plugin config screens

Longtime 1.4-1.7 user, just upgraded to 2.0 (fresh install). When I try to set the configuration of the plug-ins ("config" buttons on the Interfaces screen), nothing happens. Specifically,

--For the CM11a interface - the interface screen just refreshes.

--For the Caddx plugin, the message "Calling ConfigIO for Caddx plug-in" pops up from the tray, but the interface screen stays the same.

--For UltraLog pluging, similar to Caddx (says "calling ConfigIO for ultralog") bit again no change in the interface screen.

Suggestions, please. I searched the forums for "plugin config" but didn't find anything applicable.

Have you downloaded the new versions of all the plugins from the updater?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had the same problem - in my case the config screens were appearing underneath the HS screen. Try minimizing that screen after calling for a config, and see if it is below it.

Comment

I had the same problem - in my case the config screens were appearing underneath the HS screen. Try minimizing that screen after calling for a config, and see if it is below it.
        Yes the config windows are appearing below HS, and second point: HS shouldn't be configured to run as a service.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thanks

Yes, plug-ins are the latest ones downloaded through the updater. No, nothing is appearing underneath the main screen.

Yes, I am running it as a service. I'll trying running in regular mode, see if I can do the configs, then switch back to a service.

Is it intentional and/or documented that plug-in config is impossible when running as a service? Why is that? I've always run HS as a service (even 1.6 and 1.7) as it's the logical approach for my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by stualden
            Yes, plug-ins are the latest ones downloaded through the updater. No, nothing is appearing underneath the main screen.

Yes, I am running it as a service. I'll trying running in regular mode, see if I can do the configs, then switch back to a service.

Is it intentional and/or documented that plug-in config is impossible when running as a service? Why is that? I've always run HS as a service (even 1.6 and 1.7) as it's the logical approach for my setup.
            Since your running as a service you need to make sure the service is being started by an administrator account on the PC or this can cause the effects you are seeing.

Comment

Thanks again

I'll double-check that, but I always log on as Administrator when I log onto that box (sits in the corner of my basement with a cheap monitor, runs Windows 2000 Server) so I think the problem may be elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by stualden
                I'll double-check that, but I always log on as Administrator when I log onto that box (sits in the corner of my basement with a cheap monitor, runs Windows 2000 Server) so I think the problem may be elsewhere.
                It has nothing to do with how you log on to the machine but rather what account is starting the HS service. If you go to services and right click on the HS service and select properties then select the logon tab you need to specify an admin account to start the service.

Comment

Thanks once more

Gotcha, I'll give it a try.

I started the service manually (right-click on the tray icon, Start Service) while logged in as an admin so I presumed that was enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X