Longshot - but having trouble connecting to M1G using a Digi PortServer TS8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longshot - but having trouble connecting to M1G using a Digi PortServer TS8

I know this isn't an issue with the plugin since I don't have any issues connecting directly to my M1G using a serial connection.

However, whenever I use a serial port server (specifically the Portserver TS8), I got a lot of warnings from the plugin in my log.

Everything in the plugin seems to work, despite all of the warnings, and I don't have any trouble through the ElkRP software using the PortserverTS.

The initial connection through the plugin seems to work with no issue - Initial communication is successful, the clock gets set, current state information is downloaded, firmware version is detected (05.02.2), etc - no issues at all.

The log warning don't trigger right away - sometimes taking up to two minutes after Homeseer is running before I get them. However, I see them the first time, they keep coming - lots of them.

Here is a sample:
    4/24/2011 6:41:13 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'cv0100'
    4/24/2011 6:41:14 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'cv0200'
    4/24/2011 6:41:16 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'cv0300'
    4/24/2011 6:41:18 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'cv0400'
    4/24/2011 6:41:21 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'az00'

Also, if I set a zone as bypassed I immediately see a warning:
    4/24/2011 6:50:02 PM - UltraM1G Warning - No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'zb010000XXXX' (the XXXX looks to be my user code).

However, the zone does appear to be set to bypassed correctly.

So, to summarize:
    - No plugin warning messags if connecting directly with a serial cable
    - No issues using ElkRP and the PortServer TS8
    - No apparent functionality issues with the plugin and the PortServer TS
    - LOTS of plugin log warnings when using the PortServer TS

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Scott

Most commands sent to the Elk M1 produce a result. The UltraM1G plug-in is designed to send a command, then wait 1.5 seconds for the appropriate response. If a response is not received, a warning message is written to the HomeSeer log and the command is resent. If the final command does not produce a response, an error is written to the HomeSeer log. The warnings messages you posted indicate the first command failed to produce a response in 1.5 seconds, but the second command succeeded (which is why you noted everything appears to be working). The default settings allow the plug-in to send a maximum of 2 commands waiting no more than 1.5 seconds for a response. You can try increasing the wait time to 2.5 seconds (or greater) to see if those warnings go away.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Most commands sent to the Elk M1 produce a result. The UltraM1G plug-in is designed to send a command, then wait 1.5 seconds for the appropriate response. If a response is not received, a warning message is written to the HomeSeer log and the command is resent. If the final command does not produce a response, an error is written to the HomeSeer log. The warnings messages you posted indicate the first command failed to produce a response in 1.5 seconds, but the second command succeeded (which is why you noted everything appears to be working). The default settings allow the plug-in to send a maximum of 2 commands waiting no more than 1.5 seconds for a response. You can try increasing the wait time to 2.5 seconds (or greater) to see if those warnings go away.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Thanks...I'll give it a shot. That also gives me some ideas on where to look in the Portserver interface to see if there are settings i can change there.

Comment

Working...
      X