Remotec ZFM-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotec ZFM-80

Has anyone used one of these to control a garage door or outside gate? It seems perfect, with the ability to control a relay, but in reading the doc on the ZFM-80 it almost sounds like it was designed for control of a full load and not a simple low voltage contact like a gate or garage door control.

Thoughts?

The specs state the output relay is 'isolated' and the power rating is '230Vac 10A max. or 120Vac 15A max. (Resistive load)', so I think it should work with low voltage like you want.

But I can't speak from 1st hand experience; although I have 3 of these ZFM-80's I only use them for external switch / contact status.

FWIW, I do however have LFM20's and ZRF113's and use their relays to switch DC and AC low voltage without issue.
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

The LMF-20's work for this.
      http://store.homeseer.com/store/Gara...trol-C253.aspx
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that is what I ended up ordering. I was asking about the ZFM-80 because I thought it might be nice to replace the whole push button assembly with the z-wave device I am using, but it is no biggie. I will just use the LFM-20.

Comment

Speaking of, on a similar note, has anyone used the LFM-20 to add this type of capability to a push button gate? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing we see with garage doors on my gate for when I am out of town. If the door sensor shows open and I am not home, close the gate.

Anyone done this?

Comment

Hey Chewie,

Yeah, I installed a LFM-20 on my gate to simulate a push button(contact closure) and it works great. you should also be able to connect the LFM-20 to the gate openers control board too- usually has a cycle pin( which if triggered will go through a full open-close cycle).
            I mention this on a another post but my gate is about 250 ft from where my z-stick is. I have have a few zwave outlet spaced about 60 ft apart carrying the signal to the LFM-20.

Now hs controls the gates and reduces the gate opening and closing. In the morning hs leaves the gate open between 7am-8:15am. Then leaves the gates closed for the rest of the day. In the evenings hs leaves the gates open between 5-7pm. Then closed the rest of the night. I'm still working on occupancy, but will tie gate operation to that also.

Tom
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Slight tangent if I may...
              Chewie mentioned the Remotec ZFM-80 in his first post, but I've noticed that HS has stopped selling them.

Maybe Rupp can kindly ask Mark to comment? Did they stop being imported? Did the manufacturers drop the product line? Were there too many failures? Is there a similar future product being considered?...tia
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Well, I went with the LFM-20 and the Aeon Labs door sensors.

I have a question on the door sensors, if I optimize my network a bunch without sitting there pushing the tamper switch to keep them alive do they simply fall out of the network routing altogether? I've never used z-wave devices that were not wired switches or outlet plug in types before.

Comment

You don't need to worry, they don't participate in routing - not routing slaves. You just need to full optimize them manually 4 times while keeping them awake to make sure they have good routes back to the Controller, then you can forget about them until they need new batteries, or you change the mesh (add/remove devices), then you should manually full optimize them 4X again.

Comment

OK, so as long as nearby nodes know about them then they will pick up signals from them and relay back to the controller? I ask because since they are in my garage they cannot talk directly to my controller. I thought that when Optimizes were done anything that did not communicate would be eventually weeded out of the mesh?

Comment

HS knows about the device types and can deal with battery powered ones (every z-wave controller has to do that). You do want to run your full network optimization 4 or more times, then go to each of your battery powered devices, wake them up(triple tap or something similar) and then optimize those as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X