Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for HomeSeer Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for HomeSeer Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface (US)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this world of homeseer, I'm coming from Vera and for many reasons I decided to make the jump with homeseer. I hope I will not regret my decision

Anyhow, basically I have installed the HS3 software on a Ubuntu linux server running in a VirtualMachine (XenServer), then I ordered a Z-wave Usb dongle (Aeon stick) which I found useful to use the stick powered battery to include nearby some devices, etc... BUT now I'm facing another big challenge, which I gave up, IT IS very complicated to access a USB port of the HOST HW from the VM Guest using XenServer... So after hours of digging to find a way to make it work, I ended up finding another path of solution... And means more $$$

So I got some questions for this unit ZNET:
    1. Looks like the Wifi is build in? So I don't need to had Wifi dongle to it!
    2. I'm planning using it mostly thru Ethernet, but using Wifi just to bring it near the devices for inclusion (Some devices aren't Zwave+). So the question here is can I easily switch from Wifi to Ethernet and vice-versa without any issues? I guess basically I just need to change the configuration into HS3 to switch from wifi to Ethernet after I included the devices?
    3. In my situation, will this be the good way to make it work? Having HS3 installed into a VM and using ZNET to remotely add my ZWave devices?

Thank you for all the help you can provide me! And surely I will get more questions along the way exploring HS3

Regards,
    Joel

Welcome... I moved from Vera years ago and never looked back.

In my case, I never once had a problem including a device from where my znet was installed (lan). 3500 square foot house.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      Welcome... I moved from Vera years ago and never looked back.

In my case, I never once had a problem including a device from where my znet was installed (lan). 3500 square foot house.
      Thanks!

I ordered a ZNet, the new version looks like having wifi build in.... There is no problem using it with wifi and changing it to lan without loosing anything?
      Last edited by ; January 20, 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X