Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Assistant now gives you more control over connected devices

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/09/...evice-actions/

I think that this is old news. They did this about four months ago. Unless the author is referring to something that I didn't pickup on.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
      I think that this is old news. They did this about four months ago. Unless the author is referring to something that I didn't pickup on.
      Not old news. Google just posted about it yesterday on their blog as well.

Comment

Do you know what is new, then. I can figure it out. I've seen these custom devices and traits in the API documentation for quite a while and have seen articles about it for months. Maybe there is something new here, but I can't figure it out. If you have a link for the blog, I'd like to read that too.

As a matter of fact, I posted in the sticky post a while back to ask if Rich would take advantage of some of the new traits to allow for things like modes in the devices that are synced from HS.

Ex:

Android Police: Google Home can now directly control washers, dryers, vacuums, and dishwashers; also adds scene support
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
        X