• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisaLink Ademco Plug-in - Feature requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features

Triggering off "Disarmed" state.......

Hey Spud,

This may be a bug(missing) or a new feature, I'll let you decide.

I would like to be able to trigger an event off a change to "disarmed". The event would be designed to set HVAC back to "on" when returning home let's say. Setting this to "ready" or "not ready" for instance would cause it to trigger on motion being sensed for instance and that's not going to work very well.

On the flip side, I have a trigger set on a change to "armed" to shut off HVAC and lighting which works very well.

Thanks
    --Pete

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the device but...

I would REALLY like to still have devices last change date updated even when the system is armed.

The reason is that I use my motions sensors to trigger other actions in the house, like turning on lights, etc. Although currently if the system is armed, then the last change date is not updated. If the system is "Armed Stay", there is still people in the house, and I'd like to trigger based on their motion....

Is this a possible feature?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
        I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the device but...

I would REALLY like to still have devices last change date updated even when the system is armed.

The reason is that I use my motions sensors to trigger other actions in the house, like turning on lights, etc. Although currently if the system is armed, then the last change date is not updated. If the system is "Armed Stay", there is still people in the house, and I'd like to trigger based on their motion....

Is this a possible feature?

thanks!
        do you mean that if you arm stay, and then open an interior zone, the corresponding zone device status is not set to "Opened".
        if so please provide a debug log for this scenario, I'm not sure if it is a limitation or not yet.

Comment

Can you take another look at the armed-away vs armed-max issue.

In armed away mode, the partition device string is "armed in away mode" and it's value is 5.

In armed max mode, the string is "armed in away mode" and it's value is 5.

In armed away mode, the root device string is "armed away" and it's value is 0.

In armed max mode, the root device string is armed *maximum* and it's value is 0.

I don't know how to differentiate between these modes for triggering events. Can't we have some device use the values that are in the status graphics page for the device:

1 ready
          2 ready w/bypass
          4 armed stay
          5 armed away
          6 armed max
          etc?

Also, I have paid for the plug-in. How do I get the HS3 updater to recognize that so I can use the updater for updates of this plug-in like I do for other plugins?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
            Can you take another look at the armed-away vs armed-max issue.
            Given that there is a "Armed Maximum" status code in the TPI doc, but it seems that it is never sent, it's probably a bug on the EnvisaLink side, so I have just emailed the guy at Envisacor about this issue. Let's see what he has to say about this.

Also, I have paid for the plug-in. How do I get the HS3 updater to recognize that so I can use the updater for updates of this plug-in like I do for other plugins?
            What do you mean exactly?
            Don't you see the EnvisaLinkAdemco plugin as Licensed in the plug-in > Manage page?
            Can't you install this plugin from the updater?

The latest version available from the updater is 3.0.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              do you mean that if you arm stay, and then open an interior zone, the corresponding zone device status is not set to "Opened".
              if so please provide a debug log for this scenario, I'm not sure if it is a limitation or not yet.
              Hi, I tried moving around to trigger some of the motion sensors and the last update flag was updated. I then set the alarm to armed stay, and then moved around to try to trigger the motion sensors, and found that the last update value was not updated for the sensors once the system was armed....

Attached are the logs in debug mode....

thanks again!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
                Hi, I tried moving around to trigger some of the motion sensors and the last update flag was updated. I then set the alarm to armed stay, and then moved around to try to trigger the motion sensors, and found that the last update value was not updated for the sensors once the system was armed....

Attached are the logs in debug mode....

thanks again!
                From your logs, after your armed the panel, I can't see any message sent to the plugin that would say a zone has been opened, so I guess it's a limitation of the device and there is no possible workaround, I will try to confirm with the Envisacor guy.
                FYI he already told me:
                Keep in mind we’re dealing with a really dumb piece of hardware compared to DSC’s systems. There is very little information to work with and hence the TPI is pretty light.

Comment

What do you mean exactly?
                  Don't you see the EnvisaLinkAdemco plugin as Licensed in the plug-in > Manage page?
                  Can't you install this plugin from the updater?

The latest version available from the updater is 3.0.0.11[/QUOTE]

I updated from the updater this morning and it worked, so I think it's ok. Thanx.

Comment

Re Arm maximum mode
                    Here is what the Envisacor guy said about this mode:

jrjmpls7, could you tell me your use case for this arming mode?

Comment

Re Arm maximum mode
                      Here is what the Envisacor guy said about this mode:

jrjmpls7, could you tell me your use case for this arming mode?
                      We use it at night. It arms everything with no delays. It is not used when we are away-only when we are home and go to bed. We use it to determine if we are home or away.

If we arm it in away mode at night, then it no longer differentiates between home and away.

Comment

We use it at night. It arms everything with no delays. It is not used when we are away-only when we are home and go to bed. We use it to determine if we are home or away.

If we arm it in away mode at night, then it no longer differentiates between home and away.
                        why don't you use NIGHT-STAY mode or INSTANT mode at night?

Comment

I don't use STAY because I only have motion sensors on the first floor and I like to have them active at night when we are sleeping on the second floor.

What does INSTANT mode do?

Comment

Here is the definitions of each mode. In your case you could program your motion sensors as the additional selected zones for the Night-Stay mode, that way you could use Night stay mode instead of maximum at night.

STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay On

NIGHT-STAY Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Plus Selected Zones
                            INSTANT Mode: Arms Perimeter Only, Entry Delay OffAWAY Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay OnMAXIMUM Mode: Arms Entire System, Entry Delay Off

Comment

I guess night stay would be ok if I can get my system reprogrammed to include motion and if I can get my wife to switch from max to instanty (probably harder than reprogramming the system).

Comment

Working...
                              X