Ocelot Plug-In for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Is there a reason it won't let you check the "Is Dimmable" box on the config page and shows Dimmable status as "False" on the advanced page?
    Jim,
    I will have to look at that. The X10 support is limited as I only have a few devices to experiment with. Although you cannot check the "Is Dimmable" checkbox and the Advanced tab shows dimmable as "false" the Lamp Modules and Lamp Modules Ext are dimmable and Appliance Modules are not. If you have a relay wall switch use an Appliance Module.

Bruce

Comment

Dim SW10

Hi!
      I have already created a thread in the common HS3-Forum, but noone seems to be able to help me there.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182955

I have just purchased the plugin to get my SW10 X10 devices work with homeseer.
      I created the SW10 as Lamp Modules, because a Roller-Shutter-Module was not available. Was that correct?
      ON and OFF works fine, but I cant dim the modules.
      If I try to dim to about 50% nothing will happen. When I dim to 30% the shutter will go the whole way down. If I reset the value to 50% while the shutter is going down, it will stop.
      What am I doing wrong?

;-)
      Uli

Comment

Originally posted by fagor View Post
        Hi!
        I have already created a thread in the common HS3-Forum, but noone seems to be able to help me there.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182955

I have just purchased the plugin to get my SW10 X10 devices work with homeseer.
        I created the SW10 as Lamp Modules, because a Roller-Shutter-Module was not available. Was that correct?
        ON and OFF works fine, but I cant dim the modules.
        If I try to dim to about 50% nothing will happen. When I dim to 30% the shutter will go the whole way down. If I reset the value to 50% while the shutter is going down, it will stop.
        What am I doing wrong?

;-)
        Uli
        Hi Fagor,
        I don't have access to an SW10 for testing at the moment but a quick google search turned up: Responds to X10 commands : On, Off, Dim, Bright, Extended code.

And reading a little further, in some very old X10 forum threads, there are some issues with Dim and Bright commands with these units. But it sounds like they work OK with Extended commands.

Did you try to configure them as Lamp Module Ext devices?

On the SW10's device config page, GTS CPUXA tab, change the type to Lamp Module Ext. Let me know if that works.

Bruce

Comment

Hi!
          Vacation is over and I will now continue the HS3-project.

Only configuring the X10 modules as Lamp Module Ext doesnt work at all. Do I have to do something in addition?

I havent converted my scripts to HS3 yet, but in HS2 the script with extended commands worked fine. So the sctipts should work in HS3, too.

Unfortunately that doesnt solve the problem that sliders dont work in HS3 and HS-Touch.

:-)
          Uli

Comment

Originally posted by fagor View Post
            Hi!
            Vacation is over and I will now continue the HS3-project.

Only configuring the X10 modules as Lamp Module Ext doesnt work at all. Do I have to do something in addition?

I havent converted my scripts to HS3 yet, but in HS2 the script with extended commands worked fine. So the sctipts should work in HS3, too.

Unfortunately that doesnt solve the problem that sliders dont work in HS3 and HS-Touch.

:-)
            Uli
            I will look into this more over the weekend Fagor. I have a couple large installations going on right now, but things should calm down by the end of next week.

If you are familiar with Cmax, can you test them there and tell me what you did to make them work?

I will check eBay to see if I can get my hands on one.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Thank you for including SW10 support into your plugin.
              It works like a charm.
              Now I can continue setting up my remote.

;-)
              Uli

Comment

Uli,
                Glad it is working for you!

Bruce

Comment

I was looking over the forum and I found this plugin. I was wondering if it works to send IR signals yet because I see from the description that it doesn't. If not, are there plans to add this feature?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                    I was looking over the forum and I found this plugin. I was wondering if it works to send IR signals yet because I see from the description that it doesn't. If not, are there plans to add this feature?

Thank you
                    sonypoolplr,
                    Thanks for your interest in the plugin. IR does work with Ocelot/Leopards, and Secu16IR(s). IR match, although slow, works too.

Give the 30 day trial a try

Thanks,
                    Bruce

Comment

sonypoolplr,

I think you read the last limitation bullet that reads"Plugin recognizes Ocelot/Leopard slaves but does not read/set variables or send IR at this time".

Slave Ocelots do not send IR, but masters do

Thanks,
                      Bruce

Comment

OK thank you. Just for confirmation, I have one Ocelot, one Secu16IR, and a couple of Bobcats, so for me, the plugin will be able to send IR to my programmed devices? If so, that is great.

Also, will I need to relearn the IR commands, or can I somehow get them from my HS2 system, or the Ocelot itself?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                          OK thank you. Just for confirmation, I have one Ocelot, one Secu16IR, and a couple of Bobcats, so for me, the plugin will be able to send IR to my programmed devices? If so, that is great.

Also, will I need to relearn the IR commands, or can I somehow get them from my HS2 system, or the Ocelot itself?

Thanks.
                          Yes, Secu16IRs and Bobcats are supported.

The Ocelot stores the IR command in "IR locations" in Ocelot memory. If you know what commands are in each IR location, you can just create IR devices without having to relearn. For example... you have a "TV Power" command stored in IR location 1. If you create an Ocelot or Secu16IR device at location 1, when you send it it will work.

You can view the online help here.

Bruce

Comment

Hi trying to figure out the IR locations better. In looking at HS locations, there are signal locations 1-1024, but also output zone numbers 1-17. In looking at the plugin I have bank 0-10, and then also zone 0-15. Is there an "easy" way to understand the relationship between HS2 & HS3?

Thank you.

Comment

In the GTS-CPUXA plugin, I used IR banks as way to keep from putting 1024 checkboxes on a single screen. If you look in each bank you will see that it is a "segment" of the 1024 IR locations.

Ocelots/Leopards have 1024 (0-1023) IR locations that can have IR codes learned to them. The Secu16IR can be thought of as an "IR manifold". The Secu16IR does not hold IR locations, it provides additional "pipes" (ports/zones) for the IR signals to be sent.

Just remember that IR locations are stored in the Ocelot not the Secu16IR and each location can store 1 IR command. IR locations can be sent through the Ocelot's IR Emmitter port or any Secu16IR(s) port(s).

Thanks,
                              Bruce

Comment

is there a way to delete the dimmer slider for my non dimming switches?

Is there a way to delete the dimmer slider for my non dimming switches?

Thanks
                                fvf

Comment

Working...
                                X